It has been 6 weeks since I had the Precision Tx Neck. It has not tightened the jowl area. Can I expect the jowls to tighten?

It has been 6 weeks since I had the Precision Tx Neck. It has not tightened the jowls but I have noticed that my chin is more defined. From a side view, there is a line (which I did not have prior to the precision tx) along the jowl area. Can I expect that the jowls will lift and tighten over the next few weeks or should that have already occurred?

Precision jowl tightening

This is a tricky question to answer without knowing your particular anatomy as well as the settings, technique and whether or not liposcupturing was also used to sculpt the neck and jowl. The jowl is a complex area that is made up of various tissues that have stretched and "fallen" over time. This includes skin, the fat below the skin, a muscle layer called the platysma, and fatty tissues below this muscle. The contributions of each can differ from person to person, and influences the overall result. The area treated by Precision is typically the fat between the skin and the muscle layer (treating the deeper tissues imposes much higher risks of the procedure). So the degree of improvement depends on how much of the jowl is made up of those particular layers. Also, the areas treated will typically take on some swelling. This swelling will tend to negate the immediate benefits of the treatment, which are seen once the swelling settles. This can take several months to completely go away. On top of that, the skin tightening effects and collagen production that are stimulated by the treatment are seen gradually over the next several months following treatment. So the final result can take as long as 6 months to be seen. At this point, I would say it is still too soon to tell. Don't hesitate to let your surgeon know about your concerns. I am sure they would be eager to discuss them with you and they are going to be in the best position to give you the most informed answer possible.

Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will continue to see results for up to 6 months after the procedure

The results will often continue to improve over 3-6 months from the procedure.  You are still early in the process.  Have your surgeon take progress photos so you can see the gradual improvement.  It is very difficult to notice changes on a day to day basis.  As others have suggested, the improvement is patient specific.  Hopefully your surgeon thought you would be a good candidate.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Takes time

Precision Tx treatments can build collagen for three to six months after treatments.

Direct treatments of the jowl area with Precision Tx will improve the jowls more than just treatment by Precision Tx of the neck alone.

Jowl Tightening

Thank you for your question. Six weeks is too early to predict the final result. You hopefully will see improvement for up to 12 months as part of the wound healing process. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Precision TX Neck

Generally speaking, it can take 6-12 months to completely heal after any plastic surgery procedure.  Please keep in touch with your surgeon or his/her clinical staff to discuss your concerns.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

The 'Precision Lift' is the SmartLipo platform using 1440 wavelength angulated fiber. This is a very very patient specific operation. Or in other words you might have NOT been a good candidate. Seek IN PERSON second opinions. But if not tighter =y now than you are at an end result. Sorry. BTW what did you pay? $5,000???