When will I see IPL results for redness and veins?

I have lots of redness, broken capillaries and crazy hot flushing all around my nostrils, cheeks, neck and chin. I've been told it's because of rosacea and keratosis pilaris, I'm 17. I had my 2nd IPL treatment two weeks ago but my face looks the same from before I started IPL. When will I see obvious results? Also, the dermatologist doesn't laser just under my nose, the lower bit of the nostrils despite the veins being worse there. Is there a reason for that?

IPL

When you will begin to see improvement depends on a number of factors. IPL treatments often require a series of sessions for full results, but after two treatments you should be seeing some improvement. In addition to IPL, V-beam is a good option for redness and broken capillaries. I’d talk to your provider about your expected results and the best way to achieve them. 

San Diego Dermatologist

IPL

Depending on the amount of redness/broken capillaries you should notice a difference even after one treatment. It is usually recommended that you have at least 3 treatments, then maintenance treatments twice a year. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

IPL and VBeam for Facial Redness

I suggest alternating V-Beam with your treatments.  I use IPL combined with the V-Beam for cases such as yours.  I also might prescribe you Mirvaso to decrease your facial redness.  Best to consult a Dermatologist with experience treating Rosacea.  Best, Dr. Green

IPL treatments and VBeam for facial redness

IPL is safe and effective. In some cases, we alternate IPL Limelight treatments with VBeam to help with flushing and redness on the face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Facial Rosacea

Hello.I find that patients who have significant facial flushing and facial veins need a number of IPLs to reduce the redness, before the veins begin to clear. Your dermatologist may suggest you try Onreltea, a topical prescription gel used to reduce facial flushing. If you use this product and it does not irritate your skin, it could reduce the amount of flushing that you experience, so that the IPLs are more effective. oftentimes, a series of 5 sessions may be needed to reduce the flushing associated with rosacea.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

IPL for redness and Veins

It takes about 2-3 weeks to see the final results, and often takes a series of treatments. I suggest other treatments such as the pro yellow or pulsed dye laser or NdYAG lasers as they are better for this.  Best, Dr. Emer.