Does insurance usually cover for replacing a crown even though it's nothing wrong with the crown except color? (photo)

Insurance coverage for crown replacement #DrSoftTouch

Insurance will not cover crown replacement if the only issue with the crown is the color. The best thing to do is return to the dentist who placed your crown to discuss your concerns. I always recommend okaying a restoration before having it permanently bonded. That way, changes to fit, shape and shade can easily be made. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Never

Insurance will never cover a crown if the only thing wrong is that it is the wrong color.  You need to go back to the dentist who made it.

Insurance coverage

Insurance will not cover crown replacement if the only problem is the color. Are there any other concerns with the crown? Ask your dentist to evaluate the situation closely and determine if the fit is also a problem.

CROWN REPLACEMENT

I WOULD SUGGEST CONSIDERING GROWING YOUR MAXILLA WIDER WITH DNA APPLIANCE BEFORE REPLACING CROWN.  FINAL RESULT WILL BE BETTER.

Possibly

there are always things that you can do to help get your teeth replaced just make sure there is absolutely nothing wrong or failing on the existing restoration. Seek a second opinion 

Eric Ellis, DDS
Houston Dentist