New crown painful.

I had 3 crowns replaced in april/may this year on 2,3 &4. It usually starts off with slight pain after a hot drink then it hurts with cold food or drink. The pain comes and goes, it usually lasts 2-3 weeks then it feels ok for a few weeks then starts up again. The other problem is i'm getting food stuck between 3&4 which is making my gums sore. I was fine before these new crowns , no food stuck , no sore gums.

Pain on crowns and food collecting

By now  your crowns should be hurting less. You may have an injury to the nerve under one or more teeth with your new crowns. Usually hot sensitivity is a sign that you may need a root canal to correct your sensitivity. As to the food impaction, I agree with DrSoftTouch, one of the crowns will need to be remade to close the gap that is causing food impaction. Food impaction is bad for the gums and can lead to decay around your crowns. Sorry, you are having such problems.

Plano Dentist

Three painful crowns...#DrSoftTouch

Food getting stuck between your crowns causes inflamed gums and eventually leads to a breakdown of the bone and the gums. If the food impaction continues, the only solution may be to redo the crowns to correct the open contact to prevent cavities and gum disease. I would recommend returning to your dentist to address these issues. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Painful Crown

Hi:

Sorry about the suffering.  The pain you are experiencing can be as a result of three main factors:

1.  Bad bite

2.  Nerve damage

3.  Gum irritation due to food impaction.

My advice is to go back to the dentist for reevaluation and make sure an X-ray is taken to rule out infection due to nerve damage.  

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist