Exercise after juvederm?

Hi, I had 1 syringe of juvederm ultra 4 in masolabial folds yesterday & botox in my 11 lines. I love very intense exercise & I am very fit. Can I get back to my work outs (no edema or bruising so far)? Will these affect longevity of the product (hiit routines)? I am 34, moderate lines.

Exercise after Juvederm?

Thank you for your question. It is best to wait till 24 hours after your procedure to exercise. This is because exercising can cause more swelling and bruising. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Exercise after juvederm

After 24 hours patients normally  can go back to their exercise routine.The important think is not to massage or touch the treated area . Hope that helps .

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Exercise after juvederm?

Thanks for your query. It is advisable to avoid very intense exercise for 5 days, post Botox and fillers as there is a chance that it might migrate. The general post instructions given after Botox and fillers are: no heavy massage for 7 days, no intense workout for 5 days, no parlor treatments for 15 days, no steam or sauna for 7 days, as all these activities tend to displace the medicine. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after juvederm

I recommend my patients wait about 24 hours before they engage in strenuous activity.  You should be fine to return back to work.  Everyone metabolizes product differently so hard to say if your exercises will effect longevity.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Exercise After Juvederm?

Thank you for your excellent question.  I recommend that my patients avoid bending, heavy lifting and strenuous activities such as going to the gym for 24 hours after an injectable procedure.  You should be just fine to resume your exercise routine the day after your procedure.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Exercise after juvederm?

After 24hrs following your injections you should be all set for exercise. It's actually okay earlier, but I recommend a conservative approach. Thanks

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Filler and exercise

Please wait 24 hours after filler to resume your regular exercise routine.  With regard to longevity every patient is a little different in their metabolism of the product, but should still be similar to the range normally give for a particular product.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Exercise

Very good question. I recommend no vigorous exercise for 24 hours after filler or neurotoxins.

Exercise after juvderm

Hello and thank you for your question. Exercise after having injectables done is usually not recommended the day you have them done. Give yourself a 24 hour break before starting back as long as there is no significant swelling or healing issues.

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after juvederm?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Vigorous exercise should be delayed for approximately 24 hours after your injections to minimize the risk of swelling and bruising.  Your inherent metabolism will affect the speed with which your body breaks down the product and this is very patient specific.  Hope this helps.