Swelling above left top lip, 3 weeks after lip filler (Photo)

This swelling has remained in only one area, 3 weeks after lip filler (0.5ml) . I'm very happy with my lips but this area above my top lip remains. My lips aren't swollen, just this one area. Is it filler or something else? Thanks.

Swelling

It is difficult to give you a specific answer without a hands on examination. It's possible you still have residual swelling which my resolve, or may need to be treated with hyaluronidase to have the filler dissolved.

Fullness above lip

It is difficult to tell what exactly it is from the photos.  It is best to return to your injector for an evaluation.  If it is filler, it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  If it is swelling, it should subside over time.  Most swelling has resolved after two weeks, so at this point it's best to have an examination.

Camille Cash, MD

Lump above lip after filler

This needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase. This is misplaced filler. It might take more than one treatment to get back to normal.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swelling after filler

I think you have swelling that will go with time.   It could be we are looking at filler but I do not think so.   Give your self another 3 weeks and if it is still there you may have filler that can be removed.    My Best,   Dr Commons

Swelling above top lip after filler

Thank you for asking about your lip filler.

The upper lip swelling is almost certainly filler. If you have vertical lip lines, a little filler at the top of the lip can soften them. If you do not like the look, let your doctor know so s/he doesn't do this next time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling after filler

Without having before pictures, its hard to say whether this was present beforehand or not.  Also, injection technique as well as amount of product injected, which product, not to mention if there was any brusing afterwards, can affect how long it takes things to settle down.  I would recommend you go back to your injector as they should have clear records of your injection map around your lips and be able to guide you in regards to whether anything needs to be touched up or polished up with the area in question! I hope this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon