Can I dissolve all of the voluma in one session?

had voluma two wks ago. the point was to even out asymmetry. it got 100 times worse since he put one syrin on the arsa of asymmetry and another on chin / buccal area. buccal area was lumpy so he put 8 units on each side tonite (he left alone the area of asymmetry in case it is swelling). in the past i saw results in a few hours, not tonite: i look unever asymmetrical. i cant go out looking like this! help

Dissolving Voluma

It will most probably take more than one treatment to dissolve the Voluma, but I would advise you to wait a couple of weeks until your swelling has subsided. This might fix your asymmetry. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. Voluma can be dissolved, although the injections of hyaluronidase are not controlled, it may two a few treatments to completely dissolve the filler. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Dissolving Voluma

Yes you can dissolve Voluma in one session.  Voluma is a fabulous filler but if it was injected improperly you should definitely have it dissolved.  Voluma comes by the syringe (not units like Botox) and it takes more Vitrase to dissolve it then other fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Dissolving Voluma

I love Voluma but it generally does take far more hyaluronidase to dissolve it than to dissolve some of the other hyaluronic acid gel fillers.  With hyaluronidase, although you see some results immediately, it can take a few days to see the full results - especially if there is also swelling or bruising.  Another possibility is that, as you say your physician suggested, it may just be persistent swelling and not filler.

My recommendation is that you call your physician on Monday if it is not better by then.  He can re-evaluate you to determine if the answer is to dissolve more filler with hyaluronidase or to add additional in another area to compensate or around the 'lumpiness' to improve the transitions.

You mention that you have had filler dissolved in the past.  If you tend to need to have filler removed regularly after it is placed, you may want to discuss that with your physician to figure out whether you might do better with a different filler or different technique.  

I hope this answer was helpful.  Best of luck!

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Final Appearance After Voluma

Thank you for your question.  I am very sorry to hear about your experience.  In general, after Voluma, you will see your final result at 2 weeks.  Sometimes it can take up to 1 month for things to fully settle in.  Vitrase typically works immediately and certainly within a couple of hours.  The response depends on the number of units being injected versus the amount of product that needs to be dissolved.  I would recommend that you contact your injector for an in-person reevaluation to best address your ongoing concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Please be sure to fully explain your goals and expectations to your injector.  If you remain dissatisfied after your reevaluation, you may wish to consider obtaining a second opinion.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector.  Best wishes!