What can I do for the deep lines at the corners of my mouth? (photo)

I recently had voluma in my cheeks along with juvederm and Botox around my mouth, but I still have lines at the corners of my mouth. What's the best way to get rid of these lines?

Botox & Filler for corners of mouth

Typically, I use a combination of Botox and a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane to treat lines at the corners of the mouth. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Lines at the coreners of the mouth

Thank you for your question lewlew3596. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Fillers such as Juvederm can be used to address the marionette lines. A small amount of Botox can be placed in the DAO in the lower face. This relaxes the muscle that pulls down the corner of the mouth, leading to a small elevation of the corners of the mouth. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Treatment of the corners of the mouth

A combination of Botox and Juvederm can help lift the corners of the mouth and fill in the marionette lines.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Corners of the Mouth

I would suggest a combination of Botox in the DAO's and Restylane in the corners of the mouth to lift the area.  It appears that you could benefit from more Voluma in the malar groove as well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers for creases or lines at corners of lips and mouth

Often the angular lines extending out from the corners of the lips are filled with Juvederm Ultra or Restylane.  Very superficial creases can be filled with Belotero but there are some patients whose creases are of such a wedge shape and their skin in this area is dense, that fillers can only do so much. It is important to chose an experienced injector who knows when to stop injecting to avoid the filler from being forced during the injection to the sides of the crease making more ridges that accentuate the valley of the crease. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

What can I do for the deep lines at the corners of my mouth?

Thank you for your question. Delicate, fine lines above the lips and at the sides of the mouth can be treated with non-invasive hyaluronic acid fillers using either Belotero or Restylane silk. These fillers have a fine, gel-like consistency that instantly smooths, and rejuvenates the skin to eliminate faint lines. Patients can have this treatment and return back to normal activities because there is no downtime. The result is a very natural look that lasts up to 9 months from this procedure.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Lines in corner of mouth

Certainly injecting more filler in the corner of your mouth could be helpful, but you still have volume loss in both cheeks. More voluma may actually fill and lift your jowls further and thus improve your mouth appearance in addition to directly filling the corners. If you just want the mouth area treated I like juvederm but any of the ha fillers will work. Good luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lines around lip corners

These can be improved with filler as well. Fine superficial etched in lines do better with laser or Infini. I also would add Botox to the DAO muscles to turn up the corners of the lips. Some docs will inject very superficially with Belotero into the fine lines or Restylane Silk.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lines at the corners of the mouth

Thank you for your question. You have a couple of options. Botox injected in the depressor muscles of the mouth (the DAOs) will help to lift your commissures (or mouth corners). This will help to give you a more youthful lower face. In conjunction with this, there are various HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers that can be placed in various areas of the lower face that will help smooth out the lines you're talking about. Juvederm is a great option to place in the labiomandibular folds (the jowl region), to help plump this area up, and can be continued up to the corners of the mouth. This will give you some subtle fullness. Another great, more superficial filler is restylane silk or belotero - in this case, the fine lines can be injected directly to help plump them out. Regardless, these fillers typically last 6-9 months, and can be injected with minimal downtime and bruising. Best of luck!