Can Botox fix under eye creases around the lash line? (Photo)

I am a young woman entering into my 20s. Over the years, I noticed deep creases under my lower lashes. I inherited the deep creases from my mother's side who are of Cuban heritage. I want to fix this. I want to know if botox can fix this condition. If not, can fillers do the job? I do not want any invasive procedures done. Thank you in advance!

Can Botox fix under eye creases around the lash line? (Photo

no it won't.  the creases you have there are characteristics of young eyes and will eventually go away. You are much better off with a young  looking eye than an old one.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lines under eyes

These lines are known as a lower eyelid crease. Many people don't like them but they are considered a sign of youth. Botox
and fillers won't get rid of them.
You have really beautiful eyes. Leave them alone!

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Yes and no. Generally Botox is not injected directly into the creases under the lash line. However, when Botox is injected into the Bunny lines and crow's feet, it secondarily works to diminish muscle pulling under the lash line resulting in a softening of these creases.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox (fillers, retinoids, peels, lasers and more) for lower lid creases

Dear karengoldsmithx3:

Thank you for sharing your photo. 

Botox is a muscle relaxer and under eye creases are created by muscle.

The answer is "yes-but".
Yes, Botox can diminish under eye creases but there maybe a trade-off. 
With prolonged use, the muscle which creates the crease also holds up the eyelid and pushes back swelling and under eyelid bags. So, weakened muscles of the eyelid will not allow the eyelid to function correctly.

Fillers along the eyelid may cause undesired swelling.

You may wish to consult with a well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can direct you and other options to improve lower lid appearance including:
  1. retinoids
  2. chemical peel
  3. laser
  4. others
Good luck with this!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Can Botox fix under eye creases around the lash line?

Please consult an expert board-certified aesthetic dermatologist for a full evaluation of your eye area. There are many cosmetic treatments available to enhance this area, from creams to peels, to Fraxel® laser. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Botox and Eye Wrinkles

Botox can fix many wrinkles around the eyes but it cannot fix these lines around the lash line.  Fillers will not correct this area as well.  These creases can be camouflaged with some makeup but not corrected with injections.  

Creases under lower lashes

These are normal components of young, healthy eyes. They are not treatable with Botox or fillers. They will change as you age (and then you will want your young-looking eyes back).

Nicole Kafka, MD
New York General Surgeon

Under eye creases

Botox can be used very successfully to treat creases under the eyes. It works by relaxing the muscles and allowing the skin to flatten out. Fillers can be used to treat wrinkles when the problem is loss of volume. However, this does not seem to be the problem in your case, so Botox would likely be a better option.

Botox For "Jelly Roll" Bulges & Fine Crinkles Under The Eyes

Botox has been successfully used to flatten the kind of hypertrophy (thickening) of the muscles under the eyes that may give a jelly roll or donut roll type bulge to the under eye area. It has also been used for very fine crinkling in that region, as well.  

Fillers, too, may be judiciously used in the under eye region to revolumize a depression and secondarily camouflage the bulge that may be contributing to the apparent depressionn.

Consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating the under eye region with Botox and fillers is strongly recommended. Make sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

In general it certainly can but without examining you it is difficult to know whether you would be a good candidate. There is potential for complications in this area so you would want to make sure you see an experienced injector for a consultation to determine if that would be right for you. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC