Will Botox/Juvederm/Restylane to enhance my lips make my chin look smaller? (Photo)

I'm not happy with the size of my chin. I would like a reduction , a way to make my chin more feminine, but I was advised to wait until I'm 25 to do such a surgery. If I increase the size of my lips will it make my chin appear smaller ?

Botox for smaller lips

Botox is not injected into the lips for enhancement. For lip augmentation, hyaluronic fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane may be used. While adding volume to the lips will not directly make your chin look smaller, having larger lips may detract from a large chin by shifting the focus toward your pout rather than the size of your chin. However, from the two photos you provided, it appears that your lips already have nice volume naturally. You may want to consider Voluma in the cheeks to balance out the angles of your face--adding more harmony between your cheeks, nose, and chin.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Will lip enhancement make my chin look smaller?

Aesthetic surgeons often enhance one area to give less significance to another area and more importantly to achieve overall balance of your features.  Injectable fillers are excellent non invasive ways to achieve this  quickly and affordably.  With the limited photo you provided (I understand your privacy concerns) it is not possible to access the entire face to render an intelligent suggestion.  I would suggest and in person consultation to consider your options.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Large Chin

I would not recommend enlarging other parts of your face just to make your chin appear smaller in comparison especially since your lips do not need additional volume.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox/Juvederm/Restylane to enhance my lips make my chin look smaller?

The facial aesthetics in the Western culture have a defined relationship. Without a full profile, including the forehead and below the chin- it is impossible to comment accurately. The area above the nose- the nasion should line up vertically with the most prominent portion of the chin- the menton. It is my opinion- based on the limited photos- and your apparent overall goals- which seem to be the maximum appearance of your face-- I would recommend considering a rhinoplasty and possibly a slight chin reduction if the above positions are taken in to account. Your lips are great- I would leave them alone. Making your lips bigger will do one thing- make your lips bigger.

NO! Based on only the 2 posted photos it appears to only do you have slight chin descent but also asymmetry. Plus the nose is also an issue. Best to seek additional in person options because I do not understand why wait till your are 25???