5 days Post rhinoseptoplasty and turbinate reduction and this fell out of my nose? (Photos)

I have no idea what this is, but I woke up to most of it hanging out of my nose. I thought it was mucus from surgery, so I wiped it with Kleenex and this entire thing fell out of my nose. I'm totally freaking out. What is this? I know that I had to have Spreader grafts to fix my collapsing nose. I still have my internal stents in, and go in to get them removed Monday. Called my doctor, and he seems to think it is a stitch. It does not feel like a stitch. Please tell me my surgery is not ruined!

Post-Operative Concerns

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question!  From your picture, it appears this is either a small suture (stitch), or some debris from surgery.  Most likely this is nothing to worry about.  I do agree that your need to let your surgeon know about this keep he/she informed of any other changes.  You may even want to sent this picture to them.  

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

What came out of my nose?!

Nothing is ruined. This is just some tissue debris related to the turbinate reduction portion of your surgery. Nothing to worry about at all. 

Follow-up with your surgeon. 

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD