How much would a rhinoplasty cost If my insurance is covering septoplasty?

I'm having an appointment in a few weeks with an otolaryngologist for a possible deviated septum. I read somewhere that septoplasty can be covered by insurance and performed together with rhinoplasty. Would this lower the cost of a rhinoplasty ? Do i need to inform my doctor for this to happen ?

Every case and insurance coverage and deductible is different. You would have to go over all of this with your plastic surgeon.

#Rhinoplasty

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Septoplasty covered, rhinoplasty not covered

The cost of your surgery is affected by a number of items, one of them being septoplasty; The more timely and thus expensive component though is the rhinoplasty portion. A consultation is necessary to provide you an estimate of the time it would take to fix your nose and thus to provide you an accurate estimate.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Septorhinoplasty Candidate

Dear DaniYelich, If you have both functional and cosmetic concerns with your nose then it is best to have a septorhinoplasty performed which is a combined procedure addressing both function and aesthetics. The "septo" portion will address functional aspects which may also include turbinate surgery. The "rhinoplasty" portion will address the aesthetic concerns. In my practice once an examination is performed and a diagnosis of deviated septum is confirmed then my patient coordinator will contact the insurance company to determine the patients benefits and the percentage the insurance will cover. The patient is then quoted a fee for the cosmetic portion of the procedure separate. These surgeries should be done in conjunction with one another and not separated and this will save you money in the long run. Make sure that your surgeon has expertise to provide you with a natural looking rhinoplasty result as well as a fully functional nose. I would suggest that you seek consultations with some experts in the field of septorhinoplasty surgery. During your consultation have imaging performed to see the proposed changes and make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page regarding the desired result. Once this is done then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that the desired result is attainable in his/her hands and that the after photographs are of natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once these steps are finalized you will be able to make a very informed decision. See the link below and video above for examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty Cost with Insurance for Septoplasty

The rhinoplasty and septoplasty should be done at the same time even if a patient does not have insurance because better results can be achieved. Insurance typically covers the cost of the septoplasty and functional improvement within the limits of each individual's policy. My staff helps our patients deal with their insurance company to determine benefits before surgery.

Septorhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and Clearly the two operations can be done together.  So go on some consults and compare overall cost.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty done together?

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty done together? Insurance will cover the septoplasty portion and you can have a predetermination of benefits. 

How much would a rhinoplasty cost if my insurance is covering septoplasty?

Rhinoplasty is much more difficult than A septoplasty procedure, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience producing natural results. A rhinoplasty and a septoplasty are two completely separate procedures, however they can both be performed at same time. There's really not much cost savings performing them together since there will be anesthesia, operating room, and surgeon's fees for  both procedures. The rhinoplasty procedure will take much longer than the septoplasty procedure, since it's much more complicated. When performing a septoplasty, medical necessity must be documented time of the examination and consultation, and preauthorization with your medical insurance is required. Expect to pay for rhinoplasty component yourself. For more information about the differences between a rhinoplasty and  a septoplasty, our current price list, and many before-and-after examples, please see link and the video below