Hair Transplant Surgeons: The best of the best, the ones that don't advertise?
Doctor Answers 7
Best Hair Transplant Surgeon: Finding the Right One for You
- Training – Some doctors who are board-certified with different medical boards do not necessarily have the proper training to be an effective and successful hair transplant doctor. Ask the doctor if he is a fellowship-trained hair transplant doctor. This means he has spent one year learning the art and science of hair restoration.
- Experience – How long has the doctor been performing hair restoration with consistently good results?
- Results – Don’t be afraid to ask if you can see plenty of before and after photos from the doctor you considering. If possible, see if you can meet some of his previous patients in person. Nothing can replace the experience of directly seeing and touching the hair of a patient who had this procedure performed previously by the doctor.
- Board-Certification – The American Board of Hair Restoration is the only medical board exclusively dedicated to hair restoration. The doctors on this board have to pass written and oral examinations to be considered and this only happens after they have done a certain number of hair transplants, have proof of their training and can show examples of their case load. While there are doctors with other board-certifications such as dermatology and plastic surgery who perform hair restoration, hair transplantation is not a requirement of any of those boards.
Hair loss specialist
I admit, this is a biased answer since I was trained by him.
You might also like...
Choosing the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon
This is why we often don’t know who these individuals turn to for their hair restoration procedures.
However, there are other individuals like Wayne Rooney, for example who openly share their experiences with fans.
Also, at our clinic, one of our patient videos features an actor from the television Shameless. He has kindly agreed to showcase his results and discuss his feedback about his procedure.
If you are interested in finding the best of the best, it will be important for you to do your own research. Don’t rely on conceptual, anecdotal information.
But rather, look at many different examples of patient results that the doctor is able to show. This can be in the form of still ‘before and after’ images or patient videos which not only feature these types of comparison photos, but also their verbal feedback as well.
General factors to look for include:
- number of grafts used
- growth yield success
- how natural the final results appear to be (e.g. do the grafts reflect natural looking angles, directions and orientations?)
Hope this helps!
Who is the " Best Surgeon"? Who do celebrities go to for plastic surgery and hair transpalnts?
The best fit for most patients comes from word of mouth referrals from happy patients. Our high profile patients are treated no differently than any one else-- privacy, respect, caring, and a flawless performed hair transplant procedure.
Celebrity patietns value provacy adn seek out smaller offices with high attention to detail. Frequently the publicists and mnagement team have had direct experience with teh physician. It is rarely the practice with flashy web ads or paid click links.
Meet with 2 or three experienced doctors, and get a sense of the results, the care environment in the office, the confidence of the team. Maybe do not obsess over perfection-- find good enough, and you are more likely to be happy.
Who would Brad Pitt go to for a hair transplant
How wound Brad Pitt go to for a hair transplant?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.