Hair Transplant Surgeons: The best of the best, the ones that don't advertise?

I'm a 28 year old male who has been battling MPB since around the age of 17. So far I've had 4 hair transplants and have achieved a mostly full head of hair, minus a noticeably thin spot in the crown area. My donor area is still thick, and I think one more procedure should finally win the battle once and for all. Money is not really an issue, so my question is this: If Brad Pitt was losing his hair, who would he go to?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

How to find the best hair transplant surgeon

The best hair transplant surgeon will be one who listens carefully to your goals and expectations and works with you personally to achieve what will look natural and more youthful.  When arranging a consultation, be sure that you will have time to address all your questions with your physician.  You should feel comfortable asking any questions, reviewing photos of patients with similar hair loss patterns to yourself, and speaking with previous patients.  It should go without saying that the doctor (not a technician) is the one removing the grafts and making all the recipient sites.

Seek a physician who is a Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and a Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, as these doctors have demonstrated a commitment to their education, ongoing training, and excellence in their specialty.  Ideally, hair transplantation should be the primary focus of their medical practice.

Good luck and wishes for success!

Hartford Hair Restoration Surgeon

Best Hair Transplant Surgeon: Finding the Right One for You

A question asked by many people considering hair restoration is, “How do I find the best hair transplant surgeon?” This is a very good question. You have to look at several factors when choosing a hair transplant doctor:
  • Training – Some doctors who are board-certified with different medical boards do not necessarily have the proper training to be an effective and successful hair transplant doctor.  Ask the doctor if he is a fellowship-trained hair transplant doctor. This means he has spent one year learning the art and science of hair restoration. 
  • Experience – How long has the doctor been performing hair restoration with consistently good results? 
  • Results – Don’t be afraid to ask if you can see plenty of before and after photos from the doctor you considering. If possible, see if you can meet some of his previous patients in person. Nothing can replace the experience of directly seeing and touching the hair of a patient who had this procedure performed previously by the doctor.
  • Board-Certification – The American Board of Hair Restoration is the only medical board exclusively dedicated to hair restoration. The doctors on this board have to pass written and oral examinations to be considered and this only happens after they have done a certain number of hair transplants, have proof of their training and can show examples of their case load. While there are doctors with other board-certifications such as dermatology and plastic surgery who perform hair restoration, hair transplantation is not a requirement of any of those boards.
After doing proper research about the best hair transplant surgeon for your medical needs, you should make an appointment and go see them in person. Spend your consultation asking proper questions because you need to have a good feeling about the doctor performing your hair transplant surgery.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss specialist

To find out the best in the field you can check ISHRS site and check doctors' back ground and numbers of years of experience and affiliations.  You can also check each doctors website for before and after pictures and do a consult to get familiar  with their approach.  And of coarse every doctor in this site thinks they are the best so you need to do your own research and find the one that customizes a plan that best fits your needs and concerns. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr Rassman

Dr. Rassman trained many of the top hair transplant surgeons around.  He was the surgeon for many of the actors and directors in Hollywood.  He was the surgeon to many of the hair transplant doctors in the world.  He presented FUE to the world in 2002 and patented the technology behind ARTAS and Neograft.  

I admit, this is a biased answer since I was trained by him.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Choosing the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon

Hair transplant doctors who treat high profile individuals often sign confidentiality agreements to protect the privacy of celebrities who do not wish the public to know about their procedures.

This is why we often don’t know who these individuals turn to for their hair restoration procedures.

However, there are other individuals like Wayne Rooney, for example who openly share their experiences with fans.

Also, at our clinic, one of our patient videos features an actor from the television Shameless. He has kindly agreed to showcase his results and discuss his feedback about his procedure.

If you are interested in finding the best of the best, it will be important for you to do your own research. Don’t rely on conceptual, anecdotal information.

But rather, look at many different examples of patient results that the doctor is able to show. This can be in the form of still ‘before and after’ images or patient videos which not only feature these types of comparison photos, but also their verbal feedback as well.

General factors to look for include:

1. number of grafts used
  2. growth yield success
  3. how natural the final results appear to be (e.g. do the grafts reflect natural looking angles, directions and orientations?)
Also try to find examples of patients whose hair restoration challenges are similar in nature to what you are trying to address.

Hope this helps!

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Who is the " Best Surgeon"? Who do celebrities go to for plastic surgery and hair transpalnts?

There are many qualified doctors who can deliver a great result for you. Because you have had previous procedures, a careful, and talented, hair restoration doctor is needed.  A "factory" type environment where everyone has the same procedure will not do well.

The best fit for most patients comes from word of mouth referrals from happy patients.  Our high profile patients are treated no differently than any one else-- privacy, respect, caring, and a flawless performed hair transplant procedure.

Celebrity patietns value provacy adn seek out smaller offices with high attention to detail.  Frequently the publicists and  mnagement team have had direct experience with teh physician. It is rarely the practice with flashy web ads or paid click links.

Meet with 2 or three experienced doctors, and get a sense of the results, the care environment in the office, the confidence of the team.  Maybe do not obsess over perfection-- find good enough, and you are more likely to be happy.

Michael Suzman, MD

Who would Brad Pitt go to for a hair transplant

We extensively educate our patients with a slide presentation on our computer and explain our preoperative medication regimen and postoperative medication regimen, as well. Additionally,we use a unique and scientifically proven method of platelet rich plasma to enhance graft take. Thus far we have 100% satisfaction and 100% take of our grafts.   Personally, I have had the NeoGraft hair transplant and have excellent results and I had no downtime. Remember, the grafts are harvested with the NeoGraft equipment with precision obtaining pristine grafts.  I have no incision on the back of my head and a full head of hair and I am going to have my second procedure which will be my last procedure. 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

How wound Brad Pitt go to for a hair transplant?

You would have to ask Brad Pitt that question.  I have perfomed hair transplants on famous actors, CEOs of large companies, heads of state, etc... Why, it is because I defined the modern field of hair transplantation including FUE and the robot. That means that I am well known all over the world and received the Golden Follicle award by the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgeons, a world class distinction.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon