Root canal tooth is broken to the gum line. I had a crown and broke with the part of my tooth. Any suggestions?

What are my option? Is the remaining tooth stron enough for another crown?

Tooth Broken At Gumline

I would extract this tooth and have a dental implant placed.  This will be a much better long term solution than trying to save it .  

Options for Tooth Broken to the Gumline

Without seeing your tooth and a film it is hard to say if the tooth is non-restorable.  If it is there are really two options: 1) Dental fixed bridge2) Dental Implant
If your adjacent teeth are healthy, a dental implant is often the option of choice as you will not need to do anything to these teeth.  Make sure you see a dentist with special interests in cosmetics and implant dentistry as there is a degree of skill and art with this type of care.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist

Tooth fractured to gum line

Without obersving clinically and having x rays I can't give a final opinion but you will probably need the remanent of that tooth extracted and have an implant and crown over implant done. 
Dr. Galvá

Javier Galvá, DDS, MSc
Dominican Republic Dentist

Fix for broken tooth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that your tooth fractured. If enough tooth structure remains, a post and new crown would be recommended. However, usually a tooth broken at the gum line do not have a good prognosis.  If this is the case, removing your tooth and replacing it with an implant or bridge would be the best solution. I would recommend seeing your dentist as soon as possible for a complete evaluation. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Busted tooth at gum line

Hey there! if the tooth is shattered and its at the gum line, you really have one option- extract the root and the whole thing out. After that you have essentially four options:1) Do nothing (of course you'll have a gap there - which is not recommended)2) replace with a removable prosthesis- a flipper or removable partial denture3) fixed prosthesis- or bridge- depends on the health of the surrounding teeth4) implant- can replace the entire tooth- depends on how much bone you have in the area. Hope that helps!

Dr.Vilas Sastry

Vilas Sastry, DMD
Las Vegas Dentist

Root canal tooth broken at gum line

Without X-rays it's impossible to diagnose accurately.  However, it there is enough tooth remaining it may be restored with a post and crown.  Prognosis long term for a tooth broken at the gum level is poor.  Your time and money maybe better used having the tooth extracted and restored with an implant or bridge.  

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist