Downtime and Duration of Neck Lift Surgery?

I do not mind some lines and wrinkles but I HATE the chicken neck look I have! I am 62 years old and trying to grow old with some grace, but this trully bothers me. How much downtime can I expect from Neck Lift surgery? How long does the procedure last? I appreciate you responding. Thank you.

Nseck Lift Recovery Is 10 Days to Two Weeks Should Last 10 Years

Down time is the time it takes for bruising to resolve. You will be up and around the next day. Bruising can last two weeks.

The duration of the result depends on your skin quality and the quality of your result.

Younger patients with healthy thick skin and a good result can expect a 10 year result.

Patients with thin sun damaged fair skin can need revision as early as two years.

If your neck is tight at 3-6 weeks after surgery you should expect a long lasting result.

Neck Lift Surgery Downtime and Duration

Thank you for your question.  Typically Neck Lift procedure will take approximately 2 hours, however if combined with other procedures such as neck lipo, platysmaplasty or facelift, which is very common, this time can be extended.  The procedure should have the longevity of 7-12 years.  Recovery would normal be 10-14 days (however can be dependant from patient to patient). Please seek a certified board plastic surgeon which you can have a one to one consultation to discuss desired results, see before and after pictures and ask many questions.  
All The Best 

Necklifts

The tried and true way to remove excess folds of skin on the neck is solely through a necklift. The results will be what you want because that extra skin will disappear. A neck lift can be completed in 1 hour to 3 hours, depending on the specific patient requirements. At the end of 1 week, the stitches will come out, and most patients find that they can return to normal activities by Week 2 after the surgery.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Recovery

Thank you for your question! Downtime from a neck lift is generally 1-2 weeks. The duration depends on the type of neck lift performed and the patient's own tissue characteristics. In general though it can be expected to last 8-10 years. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Chicken Neck Correction

Recovery time from a neck lift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a face lift and or  neck lift are noticeable at first, but are easily hidden with a bit of “camouflage” make-up which make-up experts can teach you to do.
The scars from a facelift/neck lift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. Other procedures may also be indicated such as skin resurfacing, medical skin care, find wrinkle treatment, etc.

Improvement lasts forever and you will always look better than if you never had surgery while the hands of time tick on, your clock will always be set back a number of years.

Neck Lift Recovery

Neck lift recovery varies from patient to patient and depends on a large number of variables.  These include the wound healing characteristics of the patient and the type of procedure performed.

Most patients feel pretty good in about four to five days, but their primary concerns are when they will look good enough to go out in public.  Recovery following neck lift surgery may last for months, but most patients feel they can go out in public in about two weeks.  At this point, most of the bruising and swelling have resolved.

It’s important to emphasize that recovery periods are variable and depend not only on the patients would healing characteristics and the surgical technique utilized, but also on the patients tolerance for changes that may occur following neck lift surgery.

It’s also important to realize that neck lifts turn the clock back, but don’t stop the clock form ticking.  Most surgeons will tell you that the procedure will generally last about ten years.

Necklift Recovery and Duration

The Neck Lift involves minimal post-operative discomfort and downtime. Pain medication is prescribed, but it is unlikely it will be needed for more than a day or two following your procedure. Most patients return to work or social activities ten to fourteen days after surgery. Strenuous physical exercise should be avoided for four to six weeks following a neck lift as it can trigger swelling. You will continue to age, however a necklift is long lasting and should last approximately 10 years.  Best of luck! Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Recovery and Duration

Downtime from a neck lift tends to be to be 1 to 2 weeks.  Duration of a neck lift is generally seven to 10 years.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Neck Lift Surgery?

Based on your description face/neck lifing is  indicated. Nonsurgical options tend to be ineffective;  be very careful because you will be offered these non-surgical treatments that will likely leave you disappointed.

You can expect one to two  weeks of “downtime”;  procedure time about three hours.

Corset neck lift

I have done many neck lifts in the past several years and only since I have performed the corset platysmaplasty have I had consistent, durable result that my patients love. Furthermore, when I place reston foam on the neck after surgery, the bruising is minimized and most patients can return to work in 7-10 days.

Robert M. Freund, MD