How Much Does a Neck Lift Cost?

How much do qualified surgeons charge for this?

Price of a Necklift

Surgical treatment of lower face and neck aging changes must  be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two neck rejuvenation procedures by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

When choosing a plastic surgeon it is imperative to select a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Often, plastic surgeons who perform a great deal of aesthetic or cosmetic surgery will also be members of ASAPS. A plastic surgeon who is a member of ASAPS is an indication that a surgeon has significant interest in aesthetic plastic surgery.  When evaluating a surgeons training, look for completion of a plastic surgery fellowship. A fellowship is an elite qualification that only a small percentage of surgeons performing cosmetic plastic surgery can claim. , a surgeon who has had an additional fellowship of training has completed focused and intense specialized training in a particular area of interest

Be careful about investigating board certification. Some doctors today are promoting themselves as being double board certified, triple board certified and even quadruple board certified.

Thousands of physicians with no residency training in plastic surgery and without certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery (the only Board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties that certifies plastic surgeons) promote themselves as `cosmetic surgeons' and `plastic surgeons'. Some are primary care physicians, some are emergency room doctors; some have never completed a residency training program in any specialty and are not eligible to take any specialty board exam. Many take `weekend courses' on liposuction, or breast augmentation, or facelifts, then return to their practice and begin promoting that procedure and performing it on patients.

The minimum amount of training in plastic surgery that will allow a physician to be eligible for certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is five years, and many board-certified plastic surgeons, myself included, have several additional years of training in general surgery and plastic surgery. There are a number of reasons for such a significant training requirement. Chief among them are the following: one does not acquire sophistication in diagnosis and treatment planning, superior surgical skill, and the capacity to minimize the possibility of complications and unfavorable outcomes by taking weekend courses. It requires years of training experience under the direction of talented mentors. It requires devotion to the art and practice of plastic surgery.

Be careful in evaluating physicians whose `Board Certification' is by a `Board' which is not recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), and who belong to an `Academy' that does not require residency training in plastic surgery. Some will claim that they are `double-' or even `triple-board certified', when only one (and occasionally none) of those `boards' are recognized by the ABMS. Visit the ABMS website to see which specialties have ABMS recognition.

It takes just a few mouse clicks to verify a surgeon's credentials online. Make sure that the surgeon or surgeons that you are considering are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are active members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). ASPS members are also eligible for membership in the exclusive American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), the premier professional association of board-certified plastic surgeons with a specialty practice in cosmetic surgery

Selecting a plastic surgeon should always start with board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but it doesn't end there.

Choosing Your Surgeon
There is endless information about plastic surgery available online, some of it helpful, some of it hogwash. Many patients learn about treatment options and narrow their search for a plastic surgeon with the help of their computer. And then they make one or two or more appointments, and on the basis of these encounters decide on a surgeon. Some patients already have a particular plastic surgeon in mind, based on the recommendation of satisfied patients or the surgeon's reputation.
Regardless of how you decide who you see, ask yourself the following questions after your consultation appointment(s):
Is this surgeon qualified to perform the surgery I am considering?

Do I like this person? Will I enjoy seeing them over the course of my surgery and recovery?

Was my complete medical history taken and examined in detail?

Did this physician truly listen to me as I explained my thoughts about the improvement I am seeking?

Does this physician share my aesthetic sensibility? Do they understand me and are they able to provide exactly what I am looking for?

Was I provided with a thorough understanding of all options available (both surgical and non-surgical)?

Was I shown photographic examples of surgical outcomes that give me confidence?

Was the office staff professional, friendly and accommodating?

Was I pressured in any way to proceed with surgery?

Does this surgeon perform aesthetic surgery exclusively or is aesthetic surgery a small percentage of the pratice?

Listen to what your heart and your gut tell you when you are evaluating your consultation experience. Only move forward if you can do so with confidence about the experience you expect to have in a given plastic surgery practice, and about your ultimate outcome as a surgical patient.
Your experience with the consultation process is a good indication of what you are likely to receive as a surgical patient in any practice. If the process is well-organized and enjoyable, the staff is respectful and efficient, and the physician takes adequate time to understand your individual needs and communicates effectively, then you have a very high likelihood of being treated in a similar fashion if you become a surgical patient of that practice. If the process is disorganized or rushed, if the staff is discourteous or unprofessional, or if the physician does not give you confidence that your needs will be met, then don't expect things to get any better once you are a surgical patient.

You must be absolutely certain that your plastic surgeon's aesthetic sensibility matches your aesthetic goals. I have a very particular aesthetic vision, and I do not pretend to be the plastic surgeon for everybody. I strive to produce surgical results that are natural-appearing, results that do not advertise a trip to the operating room. For example, I do not perform breast augmentation for patients that are seeking an overly large and distinctly `done' breast appearance. And I have a particular distaste for cheek implants, as I think they rarely produce natural-appearing cheek contours, and instead prefer to enhance facial volume by means of structural fat grafting. Make sure that your plastic surgeon's philosophy and preferred approaches are consistent with the goals that you have in mind.
Adequate communication is obviously invaluable, and you should be able to communicate clearly and easily not only with your doctor, but also with your doctor's staff. Over the course of preparing for and recovering from aesthetic surgery, your doctor's staff will have an important and active role. Make sure that your interaction with the staff gives you confidence that you will receive the care and attention that you expect, and deserve, postoperatively.

Verify that major surgical procedures are performed in an accredited surgery center and that anesthesia care is provided by board-certified M.D. anesthesiologists. If you are most comfortable with overnight observation after surgery with the bedside care of an R.N., verify that this is available to you. Look up your surgeon on your state's Medical Board website to verify that they are in good standing and have no public record of sanction or limitation of their license to practice.

Be confident enough to ask some `difficult' questions. Feel empowered to ask any physician questions like: What are your complication and reoperation rates for this procedure? Has a cosmetic surgery that you performed ever resulted in a lawsuit? Have you had any serious complications and unplanned hospitalizations after cosmetic surgery? Have you ever been disciplined by a state medical board? I am never offended by these kinds of questions, and no competent and qualified surgeon should be. In my opinion it is actually the savvy prospective cosmetic surgery patient who does this kind of `due diligence'.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Neck lifts run between $4,000 and $5,000

Neck lifts run between $4,000 and $5,000 depending upon the cost of the anesthetic, the operating room, and surgeon’s fee. A neck lift is more than just traditional liposuction, which only involves a small amount of fat removal. A neck lift involves sculpting and fat removal both above and below the platysma muscle, as well as tightening the platysma muscle( platysma-plasty) and liposuction. For more information, our price list and neck lift photo gallery, please see the link below

Neck Lift Costs Varies for these reasons

Cost For Neck Lift Determination Factors (Range $7000-$20,000+)
Neck Lift prices vary greatly because the the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques and surgical approaches that can be performed to different extents- for example, Your plastic surgeon will evaluate you for five main features that will determine your best options for improvement:

1.Amount of excess fat (needs lipo or direct removal).
2.Presence of Significant Platysmal Banding (requires playsmaplasy or Botox)
3.Amount of excess Skin and condition of your skin. For example younger age, darker skin colors and no large weight loss history means there will be better elasticity and therefore better post surgical contraction. In milder cases if not too much fat is present there will be enough skin shrinkage with just lipo alone. However for moderate and severe skin redundancy a neck lift or lower facelift (e.g.Lite Lift®, MACS and others),
is needed with or without lipo for best results. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered.
4. Chin deficiency (without adequate chin support your neckline will suffer)
5.Presence of prominent Digastric Muscles or Submandibular gland fullness from laxity or enlargement (partial resection usually best solution).

My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by either the American Board of Plastic Surgery, or Facial Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?
3. Overnight stay in hospital, post care facility or nurse to go to your home?
4. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship trained.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Neck Lift Fees

Neck lift fee like other aesthetic procedures vary greatly across the country and even in the same area. Costs in South Florida tend to be lower than more expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles, or in areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons. We charge starting at $3500 + MD Anesthesia Related Costs for a Neck Lift.

To ensure the best possible quality care at reasonable fees, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who own their own nationally accredited centers.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Can you put a price on age?

Facial rejuvenation is a highly complex specialty. I have heard some physicians have base prices for treatments and other physicians have charged by the number of years that the clock is turned back. Not all facelifts  are the same and therefore not all facelifts values are the same. Some procedures require upwards of six hours and some may be performed in the office in as little as one hour. Often the treatment is tailored to the patients in anatomic concerns and therefore  A variable is introduced by the patient which allows them to make a determination about what final result they are looking for. There has been an increase in the assembly line type of procedures offered by national chains  which invest heavily in advertising and promote astounding results with little cost or little downtime. One of the unique aspects of facial rejuvenation is the relationship that is developed between the surgeon and the patient and hopefully a lifelong partnership in maintaining youthful appearance.

It can be difficult to differentiate between different providers and different price points when looking for a physician to help with your journey on facial rejuvenation  

The best advice is to look for a provider where you feel a common bond and connection between your goals and your physicians aspirations for you. 

Look for a physician who can grow with you as you explore the aesthetic ladder looking for minimally invasive and noninvasive interventions initially and then growing towards more invasive procedures as your hopes and desires change. 

R. Brannon Claytor, MD, FACS
Bryn Mawr Plastic Surgeon

Focus on quality, not on price

I agree with Dr. Law on every point: focus on quality, not on price. Seeking "discount surgery" is ill advised as you'll likely get a result that looks like you've undergone "discount surgery."  Instead of looking for the cheapest option, seek surgeons who have top tier training, Board certification specifically in plastic surgery, a history of publications and/or teaching in aesthetic surgery, years of experience, an aesthetic with which you identify, and one who listens to your specific goals and customizes the procedures to minimize invasiveness, scars and recovery time while achieving those goals. Oftentimes such surgeons are NOT the ones who advertise the most, and they tend not to discount their skill and expertise. Patients' outcomes are superior when they've done their research and due diligence in vetting the surgeon.  

All my best in your search!

Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does a Neck Lift Cost?

A facelift should deal with your neck so when looking for the cost for the procedure in your area, simply put "facelift cost" in the search box in the top of the RealSelf page and it should show you your answer.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift$

Neck lifts give amazing results. It is one of my favorite procedures because the patients are typically very satisfied. Below is a link of the cost of surgeries for our practice. 

It depends on the area ( I am in Downtown Chicago) but most surgeons will work with you. One option to add in addition to neck lift is fat transfer. It really helps to finalize the results and gives people that glow they are looking for. 

Hope this helps.

Drc

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does a Neck Lift Cost?

Thank you for your question. Depending on the person, a full necklift or a mini-necklift may be enough to take care of the neck profile and extra skin. price range between 2500 to 6000euros.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Average Cost For Neck Lift Surgery

A neck lift is a cosmetic surgery that can correct jowls, loose skin, abnormal contours, muscle banding, the appearance of “turkey neck,” and a double chin. Moreover, this procedure can remove fatty deposits from under the chin and create a taughter, smoother looking neck.

Neck lifts are often paired with other facial rejuvenation surgeries such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery and lip lift or augmentation. When you meet with me to discuss your neck lift, I will personally advise you on whether other surgeries should be done to compliment your overall facial harmony.

The average fee for a neck lift is between $5000-$7000.

Omar Fouda Neel, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Montreal Plastic Surgeon