Are eyelids supposed to be this red 3 months after upper bleph? (Photo)

I had an upper bleph performed 3 months ago. My eyelids are still extremely red (like broken capillaries ). Especially my right eye. Is this normal three months out? Is there something that can be done to make the redness go away?

Blepharoplasty - redness persists after 3 months

Thank you for your question about your blepharoplasty.

• Your photo suggests that your redness is from dilated capillaries.
  • This can happen -
  • It may have existed before and be more noticeable now or reflect changes from surgery.
  • These may be temporary or permanent.
  • If you return to your plastic surgeon, s/he may be able to explain it and recommend a treatment.
  • Generally treatment is avoided for 6 months after surgery, as the capillaries may fade on their own.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

• This can happen -
  • These may be temporary or permanent.

Post op redness

No, what you are experiencing isn't the norm, but it's not atypical in fair skinned patients such as yourself. Just to err on the side of caution, I would advise you to schedule an appointment with your surgeon just to make sure that nothing else is going on. Otherwise, it will simply take time for your redness to resolve. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Post op redness

My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Redness at upper eyelids 3 months post blepharoplasty

It isn't unusual to have some redness still, especially if you are fair skinned.  Make sure you are extra diligent with sunscreen to prevent redness at scar and also give it a few more months. 

Red eyelids after bleph

This can occur from the inflammation of the surgery in patients with fair, thin skin.  It may improve over about 6 months.  It it persists some laser treatments can help, but you need to make sure the eyes are well protected!  If you also have some rosacea, some doxycycline pills may help.  

Red eyelids after bleph

Redness 3 months post op upper blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your concerns and photo. You may have post op inflammation that will require more time to heal or possibly changes in your skin that will require further treatment. See your surgeon for follow up evaluation in a few more months. There is still a chance that the redness will resolve. Good luck.

# eyelids #blepharoplasty #beauty

Dear mom2gandj

Thank you for your questions and photos!  The colour of your eyelid skin can occur with blepharoplasty   although the color may have been present before your surgery. Please review your preoperative photos with the eyelids closed. The color can be treated with laser or intense pulse light  with great care.With warmest regards,Trevor M Born MD

# eyelids #blepharoplasty #beauty

Dear mom2gandj