Track Marks Left After Juvederm on 10/02, What do I need to do? (photos)

I am a huge fan of Botox and filler and have never, ever had issues. On October 2nd I had filler put in both cheeks for acne scars. The injector decided to do a "criss cross" pattern for maximum results. I unfortunately am left with lines running vertically on my cheeks! Please advise on what I need to do!!!!

Elevated areas after Juvederm injection

it appears that your injections may have been placed too superficially. Juvederm is not the best option for treatment of acne scarring but fortunately it can be dissolved. I would recommend evaluation by someone with extensive experience in the treatment of acne scarring. It is very possible that person will want to dissolve Juvederm. Best of luck!

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Track Marks

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like the filler was placed too superficial and resulted in the marks. I would recommend you return to have the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

The right acne scar combination--fillers with lasers, microneedling/prp

This looks like the filler was placed too superficially. It can be reversed with hyaluronidase and you can try a different technique next time. For acne scars, I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp and subcision in addition to fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Filler placed too superficially

Sorry to hear about your experience. The track marks have occurred because the filler was placed too superficially. Eventually, this will resolve as the filler is broken down by the body. However, if you want to have it fixed sooner, the best option is hyaluronidase injection. See an expert. 

Lines in cheeks from filler

After 2 months, these lines are not going to go away. I would dissolve them with hyaluronidase. I think there are better methods to treat acne scars including Infini, Bellafill, subcision, laser resurfacing.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lines after filler

In people with thin skin, the fillers can sometimes create these lines under the skin.  Usually not because of the cross hatching but with linear threading.  If seen early on can sometimes massage them out.  At 2 months can have it removed with hyaluronidase.  It will eventually go away on its' own too. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers too superficial - Juvederm

It appears that your Juvederm was injected too superficially and that is why you have those lumps. You should have Vitrase dissolve the lumps.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Track Marks Left After Juvederm on 10/02, What do I need to do?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your JVD issues.  I would advise seeing your injector for an in-person examination.  If these marks are firm enough to indicate sufficient JVD placement the best option would be to dissolve it with hyaluronidase.  After nearly two months they are otherwise unlikely to resolve on their own.