Can I go for Juvederm lip injections 3 days before my BA?

I have never had juvederm injection so have no idea what to expect and I don't want to cause any issue with Friday BA

Juvederm

You may experience swelling, redness, or bruising and itching. I would suggest you to wait after your BA to have Juvederm injection. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Fillers

Thank you for sharing your question. There should be no problem having injection of fillers before or after or you are BA. Inform all involved doctors.

Good luck,

Lip Filler Before Surgery

It should be fine to have lip filler before your BA.  I would let the anesthesiologist know, so that they are careful not to disrupt the new filler when they administer your anesthesia.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm lip filler before breast augmentation

Yes, you can have the lip filler injections prior to your breast augmentation. It will not interfere with your surgery in anyway.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Shouldn't be any issue having a dermal filler to augment your lips before your BA surgery.  Just let the anesthesia provider know that you had filler to the lips.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip Filler Facts--Lip Augmentation with Belotero, Restylane Silk, Juvederm Ultra before BA

Yes, you can absolutely have filler injections before your BA. Keep in mind you may have some swelling after your injections which can last 1-2 weeks. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Enhancement Before Breast Augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. Lip fillers should be no problem before breast augmentation, but I agree with the other docs here - you have never had the procedure and you are gearing up for surgery so I think it would give you peace of mind to delay until after the breast augmentation procedure. Hope that helps

Can I Go For Juvederm Lip Injections 3 Days Before My Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Some swelling and possibly bruising is normal and expected after treatment with Juvederm, especially in the lips.  I recommend that my patients allow 2 weeks for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve in order to see the final result.  Icing is beneficial for the first 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also helpful for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  I would suggest delaying your lip augmentation until after you have recovered from your breast augmentation.  Please be sure to discuss with your plastic surgeon in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Breast Augmentation and Juvederm for Lips

Thank you for your inquiry. You can definitely have your lip injections prior to your BA. However since it is your first time and some patient experience swelling post lip injections, it may be a good idea to wait until after surgery. Consult with your Plastic Surgeon. Have a great surgery!