Do I need a LBL or BBL or both? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Lower body lift and BBL?
- Congratulations on your weight loss - that is truly a fantastic achievement.
- Yes, you will need a lower body lift and it will improve your shape dramatically.
- You can ask your surgeon about using some of the excess back skin to add volume to the buttocks.
- That may be all you need but you will also probably want a BBL - it needs to be done at a later time.
- Your 'wish look' is unrealistic and may be photoshopped but it is not possible to achieve that look without very thick, very strong skin.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS
Do I need a LBL or BBL or both?
You might also like...
Considering Surgery After Massive Weight Loss in Melbourne, Florida
BBl or LBL
LBL vs BBL or both
You appear to be a candidate for both procedures. It is probably adviseable to perform two seperate procedures to maximize your results and come as close to your wish picture as possible.
You should be very proud of your weight loss to this point. If you wish to lose 25 more pounds, then it would be better to have liposuction and fat transfer to the buttock (BBL)before doing so. This may maximize volume and subsequent retention of the fat necessary to achieve the shape and size you are looking for.
A lower body lift may then be required at a later date, to tighten up and smooth out any access skin.
We perform a procedure called the Miami Mermaid Lift which attempts to address your issues in a single procedure. We actually use your excess skin to fill the buttock to create more consistent results
After weight loss surgery.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.