I had eyelid surgery yesterday, can I use Vaseline now before stitches dissolve? When can I use meter a? (Photo)

Stitch management after blepharoplasty

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

I like to keep the stitches covered with an ointment to prevent dessecation. I do not understand what a meter a is.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Make sure these stitches are removed 6 or 7 days after surgery.

Even if these are absorbable sutures, the will not necessary absorb fast enough on their own.  For that reason, it is not a best practice to let them absorb on their own.  They should be removed by your surgeon about a week after surgery.  You should ophthalmic ointment on the stitches in case it melts and gets into the eye.  The Vaseline can be irritating to the eye.  Call your surgeon's office or look at your post operative instructions.