Can I color non transplanted hair (sides) after hair transplant ?

I have gray hair on sides where hair is not transplanted or not donated from can I color that hair after one week of hair transplant?

Coloring hair after hair transplant

Most surgical wounds have completely healed by 10 days.  Baring any complications of wound healing, coloring your hair after two weeks will not pose any risk to the grafts.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair dye

you should check with the hair restoration surgeon who performed your procedure for his or her recommendations. it is typically safe to color the hair around the donor area that was not harvested at the 2 week period, by then all the scabbing should be gone and the area healed.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

If you would like to dye your hair after a hair transplant surgery, it is best to wait a few weeks.

If you would like to dye your hair after a hair transplant surgery, it is best to wait a few weeks.  Contact your doctor if you have concerns. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Coloring your hair

You can color your hair anytime within 2 weeks after a hair transplant. Generally I recommend that patients color their hair just before the transplant.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I'd have you wait 2 weeks...

It depends a little on if you have FUT or FUE.  If the hairs you want to color are NO WHERE CLOSE to the incision or donor sites, you could probably color after a week.  By 2 weeks, you can do whatever you want.  Always check with your surgeon though.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon