Is Voluma filler proving effective for women over 65 yrs?

Great question!

Voluma is an excellent filler for mid face volume loss. If there is volume loss in the mid face due to aging then Voluma can work very well for that area. The product is great however proper placement is key in getting results that look natural and rejuvenating. In my practice we provide patients with the least amount of syringes to achieve optimal results. Voluma can always be added so a conservative approach is best. I encourage you to go to a facility that is owned and operated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Our nurse injectors have been trained to ensure placement is accurate, rejuvenating and conservative. The product can last for up to two years so do your research.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Lifts Cheeks, Regardless of Age

In my practice, I don't pay as much attention to chronological age as I do to the individual patient's pattern of aging. How much has the underlying fat and muscle atrophied? How much laxity or sagging is present and what is the shape of the face?  That being said, yes yes yes to Voluma in older age groups. It is a great product for both men and women over the age of 65 and in fact, my oldest patient is 95 years old. It's an easy, relatively risk-free way to get a nearly instant lift not just of the cheeks, but of the lower face as well. Take a look at some of the Before and After photos on my site. You'll notice a dramatic improvement in the patients over age 65. I’ve observed that more and more patients in this age group are coming in for fillers.  They don’t want to put themselves through surgery, but they want to keep engaged in their communities and look vital, healthy and a bit younger. Voluma is perfect for that tired groove that cuts across the cheek as well as lifting the jowls. Please schedule an appointment to consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out how Voluma can restore your natural youth and beauty.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for Women over 65

Yes! It definitely can be very effective. We all age differently and have different volume changes in our faces. When you see a plastic surgeon, he or she should be able, based on your facial analysis and goals, to make a recommendation whether Voluma is good for you. Age is not the only determining factor.

Mohammed Alghoul, MD

Voluma in patients over 65 years old

I have found that Voluma is very effective in patients over 65 years old, but that they often need more volume to achieve the desired result. I would recommend that you see an experienced Voluma injector if you decide to undergo treatment.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Voluma filler proving effective for women over 65 yrs

Juvederm Voluma® clinically is known among expert Aesthetic physicians to be very effective in enhancing and lifting the cheek, and filling in the nasolabial fold, even in patients over 65 years of age.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma is Very Effective For Women Over 65

Voluma has been used very effectively in women over the age of 65 and one should not be concerned about using Voluma in this age group. Because there may be more volume loss with age, more Voluma may be required to achieve the appropriate end result.

You should have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can best guide you on the most appropriate treatment options for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma

Juvederm Voluma is the first filler formulated with lidocaine that is FDA approved to restore age-related volume changes in the cheeks. Unlike other fillers commonly used to treat the midface, Voluma is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler. Juvederm Voluma is unique in that the HA is cross-linked through a process called Vycross that helps provide an excellent lifting capacity. This special cross-linking also helps to avoid degradation, making Voluma last almost twice as long as other fillers. Studies have shown that it can last up to 2 years. And since it is an HA filler, it can be molded and shaped into the desired contour after injection. Patients in their 60s and beyond who have more significant skin laxity and volume loss tend to require more filler volume. And while these patients are often good candidates for surgery, they often choose volumizing filler treatments due to surgery concerns such as anesthesia and potential complications. Juvederm Voluma is a great option. We have seen great natural results from Voluma in our practice.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Voluma is a fantastic filler for people who have experienced a large amount of volume loss, because it is thick

Voluma is a fantastic filler for people who have experienced a large amount of volume loss, because it is thick. Have an in person evaluation and discuss what treatment options would be best for you.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma Great for All Ages!

Voluma is a very effective treatment for men and women of all ages, including those over 65! Voluma is a great option for patients of any age who want to restore youthful volume to their mid-face for results that look completely natural. Ask your dermatologist if Voluma is the right treatment for you!

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for Older Patients

I have used Voluma on many women over the age of 65, and they have showed excellent results and have been very satisfied.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon