I am 5'7", 150lbs, 34 DDD. What size should I expect if I get 250 grams removed from each breast?

Breast Reduction/Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Photos for better advices

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast size after breast reduction surgery?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome.

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast reduction

A 250 gram per breast reduction will need not relieve any musculoskeletal complaints. You would likely be a  DD cup. This kind of a person with your statistics would be a lift and would never qualify for insurance purposes in New York. You would need a resection of at least 500-750 grams to make an appreciable and lasting difference.

Volume and cup size

It is very hard to predict the actual cup size you will have after a 250 cc removal from each side.  In general, a cup change can be between 150-200 cc's for most people, but this a rough estimate and it will vary with height and weight, and overall body shape.

How much of a reduction with removal of 250 grams of breast tissue

Not much of a reduction. If you are truthfully a DDD cup, and you want to end up in the C cup family, then you would need to remove at least 500-600 grams, depending on where in the C family you want to be. It runs about 150 grams per cup size difference at least depending on the density of your breast tissue. I would recommend you look at sizes post reduction and discuss with your surgeon your goals. They can then give you an approximate amount of tissue needing to be removed. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Scarless breast reduction

the short answer is "not much". You haven't said what size you would like to end up as but if you are that full 250g might be in the 1 cup range.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon