I am having a small fat transfer from stomach to breast. Is fat embolism a concern to have?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

Fat embolism can happen 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat Embolism

Thank you for your question.  There is always a risk of fat embolism with fat grafting, the risk is low but there is always a risk.  

Embolism

With the smaller cannulas used today for the transfer, and a fairly short procedure, your risk is very low. If blood clots have been a problem in your past or in your family, please let your surgeon know.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon