Okay to get eyebrows waxed before Botox?

Is it okay to get eyebrows waxed at 4pm and Botox 6pm same day? I know you should wait at least 2 weeks after Botox to get waxed. But just didn't know if waxing right before hand would cause any reaction.

Waxing Eyebrows Immediately Before Botox

Thank you very much for your question. There should be no problems with waxing your eyebrows prior to your Botox procedure. However, I recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in Botox injections, and follow their protocol prior to the treatment.

Thanks for your query. Waxing before Botox should not be a problem and 2 hours is sufficient time to settle the redness. Waxing or threading after is a problem. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Facial Botox after eyebrow waxing

As long as the treatment  area does not have significant irritation or infection from waxing, there should be no problem in receiving Botox treatment after waxing.
I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.

I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after eyebrow waxing

There is no contraindication to receiving botox after eyebrow waxing.Good luck and l hope you get a great eyebrow lift.

Dr. Serrao

Botox and Waxing Eyebrows

Thanks for the question!  It is totally fine to get your eyebrows waxed before getting your Botox injections!  Best of luck to you!

Botox after eyebrow waxing

It is fine to get your eyebrows waxed before getting Botox in the same area. If you wanted to do the Botox first, I would wait several hours after the Botox before getting waxed, to minimize the risk of diffusion to adjacent areas. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Waxing and Botox

It's absolutely fine to get your eyebrows waxed and then go to a Botox appointment. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

YES

Botox treatment before eyebrow waxing in not a problem if you wait one day.  If you do it on the same day, I would recommend doing the waxing first and the Botox second to avoid massaging the Botox into your eyelids.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Waxing

You are fine to get waxing and then get Botox.  We commonly do laser treatments prior to doing Botox in the same visit.  With regard to waiting two weeks after the Botox I think that is also a little overkill.  I would wait until the next day, but once the Botox solution is absorbed it shouldn't cause any issues waxing the same area.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Waxing and botox

There would be no problem with getting your eyebrows waxed and then going to your botox appointment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD