Okay to get eyebrows waxed before Botox?

Is it okay to get eyebrows waxed at 4pm and Botox 6pm same day? I know you should wait at least 2 weeks after Botox to get waxed. But just didn't know if waxing right before hand would cause any reaction.

Botox after eyebrow waxing

There is no contraindication to receiving botox after eyebrow waxing.Good luck and l hope you get a great eyebrow lift.

Dr. Serrao

Botox and Waxing Eyebrows

Thanks for the question!  It is totally fine to get your eyebrows waxed before getting your Botox injections!  Best of luck to you!

Botox after eyebrow waxing

It is fine to get your eyebrows waxed before getting Botox in the same area. If you wanted to do the Botox first, I would wait several hours after the Botox before getting waxed, to minimize the risk of diffusion to adjacent areas. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Waxing and Botox

It's absolutely fine to get your eyebrows waxed and then go to a Botox appointment. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

YES

Botox treatment before eyebrow waxing in not a problem if you wait one day.  If you do it on the same day, I would recommend doing the waxing first and the Botox second to avoid massaging the Botox into your eyelids.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Waxing

You are fine to get waxing and then get Botox.  We commonly do laser treatments prior to doing Botox in the same visit.  With regard to waiting two weeks after the Botox I think that is also a little overkill.  I would wait until the next day, but once the Botox solution is absorbed it shouldn't cause any issues waxing the same area.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Waxing and botox

There would be no problem with getting your eyebrows waxed and then going to your botox appointment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Waxing and Botox

There is no problem waxing your brows and then getting Botox. There is no interaction what so ever.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Eyebrow waxing and Botox

Hi ~ Having your eyebrows waxed prior to your botox treatment should not cause any problems. It is more important to not have any treatments immediately after your botox injections.

Botox and brow waxing

It really shouldn't matter when you get your brows waxed and when you get Botox. The only thing I would recommend is that you don't do anything to the area of Botox for at least 4 hours after the injections. Getting your brows waxed before the Botox, or getting your brows waxed the day after Botox should be fine.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon