Jaw Botox made me have no jaw! Face is too slim, looks like my chin goes into neck

I had dysport in the left side of my jaw as was larger and squarer than my right due to bad grinding habit, after 2 times it matched my right side & was even but could still feel grinding after 2 months, including my right, so had two more treatments in around 7 months, so 4x left, 2x right side, right side Was smaller to begin with - now suddenly my face looks WAY too slim & when I pull my head back looks like my chin goes into my neck!!! And have no jaw! Will this fade? My face looks weird :(

Fixing Shrunken Masseter after Botox

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. The botox will wear off after about 3 months, but after this many treatments, the muscle itself has become smaller. To make it larger, just like with any other muscle, you will need to exercise it regularly. The easiest way is to chew gum, but it takes time and you might find some of your grinding returns. If it's any consolation, many professional male models chew gum to give their face that more angular look with the pronounced masseter!

Incline Village Physician

Botox for the jaw

Botox wears off after 3-4 month. In your case, where it was used to slim the face, it may even where off sooner, as it is  a strong muscle. As the muscle regains it's strength, it also regains it's size, so this is a temporary problem. If you want an immediate fix, filler can be used to re-create the normal jawline for you.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Post Botox/Diminished Chin & Neck--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Botox will wear off in about 3-4 months and it may take some time for the muscles to return to their normal state. For a permanent solution, I find that VASER/ThermiRF liposuction and tightening +/- a chin implant give the best in neck/jawline contouring. Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for the jaw muscle

Botox is a great way to reduce the size of large or uneven jaw muscles and help with grinding habits. I'm sorry to hear that your treatment didn't come out the way you were hoping for. It usually takes 1-2 months for maximum reduction of the muscle size. The Botox wears off in 3-4 months, but it may take a little longer for the size of the muscles to return to the way they were before the treatment. In the mean time temporary fillers may help. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Botox and Facial Slimming

Botox is a great way to perform facial slimming and I am so sorry for your results.  You can have filler in the jaw line for now and the effects of the Botox should wear off.  Best, Dr. Green