Going in the jacuzzi? Will that make my Botox wear off faster?

I just want the most longest results and don't want to unknowingly be doing something that will make the botox wear off prematurely.

Botox and hot tub

Thank you for your question.There is no data that says being in a hot tub will make your botox wear off. If you want to be safe then wait 24 hours after botox is administered.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Going into the hot tub after botox will not cause any problems. I advise patients to not do any vigorous exercise immediately after your injections and to be on the safe side you could wait 24 hours before going into the hot tub.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Going in the jacuzzi? Will that make my Botox wear off faster? Woodland Hills CA

Hi Tammy,

Going into the Jacuzzi will not make your Botox wear off faster as there is no medical literature suggesting that hot water dissipates Botox any faster.  I would, however strongly advise against exercising for at least the remainder of the day that you received the Botox on.  Good Luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Will going in the jacuzzi make your Botox wear off faster?

Thank you for your question. There is no data suggesting that going in the jacuzzi will have any effect on the longevity of your Botox. If you are concerned, you could wait 24 hours.

Botox

Thanks for your question.There is no data indicating that hot water will conflict with botox but it’s best to avoid strenuous activity for at least 24 hours to allow the Botox to settle in. Best, Dr. Katz.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Botox and Results--Jacuzzi--Keeping Botox Results

As long as you wait 24 hours after your Botox treatment, this is fine. This time frame relates more to bruise prevention and won't interfere with the length of your botox results. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox wear off faster with a jacuzzi?

Nope, this won't have a detrimental effect. I do tell patients not to do this for the first 4 hours after injection because I don't want the skin to overheat and the Botox to possibly move from the injection site. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox Duration

Thank you for your excellent question.  I recommend that my patients avoid bending, heavy lifting and strenuous activities for 24 hours after Botox treatment.  You should be just fine to use the jacuzzi 24 hours after treatment.  This recommendation is for bruise prevention and is not related to the duration of Botox.  Hope this helps and enjoy your Botox! 

Jacuzzi?

Enjoy the jacuzzi! If anything it will make your botox last longer because you are more relaxed.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Longevity

Hi there, Botox will typically last between three and four months. Using a hot tub or Jacuzzi shouldn't have any impacts on how long it will last.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician