Dental Contouring/Invisalign/Crowns. (photos)

My two front are very big & they overlap. I was wondering if I could do dental contouring on them, and if possible, how much would it cost? I was told awhile ago that I should also get crowns by my dentist but I am still not sure how that work. They form an upside down V and it's very noticeable when I talk. They seem "straight" when I normally smile though.

Invisalign and enamel contouring #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
First, I would recommend Invisalign to straighten your front teeth.  After Invisalign treatment, if you feel that your front teeth still look too long, then I would recommend enamel contouring. This procedure is perfect if you want to make slight changes to the way your teeth look, and it produces significant results. The cost of enamel contouring is very affordable.  I would highly recommend consulting with an experienced Invisalign provider and an excellent cosmetic dentist to determine your options.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Enamel countouring and alignment

Thank for sending your question. Enamel contouring would help with the esthetics of your front teeth. However you should first consider alignment of your teeth prior to any contouring. Once your teeth are aligned and your overjet is corrected which can be done with clear aligners, like the invisalign, then you can easily have the enamel recontoured to gain more esthetics! This proposed method will be more conservative and much better esthetically vs considering crowns on your teeth!All the best,

Navid Zamani, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist

Front Teeth Reshaping

Your 2 front teeth are not positioned as straight as they should be. The ideal way to correct this is to position them better with braces or Invisalign. The upside down " V " would then improve. It's hard to tell from the photos why you would need crowns on your teeth. After they were straight, you could always recontour them if they were still a little long.

Contouring or Invisalign ... NOT CROWNS!

You could do contouring, but I would recommend an orthodontic consultation before you do anything to your teeth. some minor movement with Invisalign could expand your arch and straighten your front teeth and possibly intrude them which would make them less long and broaden your smile.  If at the end of a short Invisalign treatment your front teeth still looked too long, they could have some minor contouring which would probably cost less than $200.00.  You have pretty teeth and they could be improved relatively easily.  Get as much information first and then make the decision you feel would best address what you desire.  DO NOT DO CROWNS ON THESE TEETH !!!!!!!!