Is it normal for temp crowns to discolor?

Ive had my temporary crown for a week now and im getting my permanent in two. And i noticed that my tooth has turned blue. Not deep blue but blue enough to notice. I thought maybe its just the cement that is discoloring but Im just wondering if there's an underlying problem.

Temporary crowns are made of a resin material which does not resist staining. Therefore, they will stain in a short period of time.

Temp crown discoloring

Temp crowns can discolor quickly due to their surface roughness and porosity.  Typically the surface stain will depend on what you eat or drink.  Things like berries, tea, coffee, etc.  The permanent crowns should not have that issue. 

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist