Is getting six crowns on the upper front teeth safe to do in one visit? Is it even necessary?

My two upper front teeth have been built up a few different times, but one of them keeps breaking little by little. My dentist has told me that I need to get crowns on the upper six teeth, the two upper front teeth and two on each side of them, in order for the color to match. I don't want two super white teeth and then the teeth around them not as white. I have an appointment set, but now I'm thinking this is kind of extreme!! I'm also worried about sitting through six preps in one visit.

Several #crowns in one visit? #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Uploading a photo of your smile would help to determine how many crowns would be best for you. Rehabbing smiles is what I do, and I can tell you that it is not uncommon for a patient to get six or more crowns in one dental visit. I would recommend really analyzing before and after photos of actual patients of the doctor that you are considering. Any dentist that has done hundreds or thousands of these cases should have at least 10 to 20 great before and after photos. They will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Crown procedure

It is hard to comment on whether you need 6 crowns without seeing photos of your teeth. However, as far as the procedure goes, 6 teeth can be prepared for crowns in one visit as long as you are able to sit through a slightly longer appointment. I would recommend another consult with your dentist to review your treatment options before you proceed so you have a better understanding of your treatment.