Correcting my nasofrontal angle & reducing size? Nose too big on all angles! (Photos)

It's pretty obvious on what's wrong with my nose. It's huge. From the side, it almost looks like a straight line. There is a small dent between my forehead and nose. And there is also a small bump on the bridge. From the front it is huge & fleshy and gets even wider when I smile. I really hate it & I want to get it fixed but I'm not sure what to do exactly?

Correcting My Nasofrontal Angle and Reducing Size of Nose

A rhinoplasty can be done to reduce the width of your entire nose including the bridge, tip, and nasal base. The nasofrontal angle and radix can be lowered to achieve separation between forehead and nasal projection. These changes will provide a more feminine appearance.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish deepening the nasofrontal angle and reducing the high radix. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, and the bulbous tip reduced, with a closed rhinoplasty, whereby all of the  incisions are placed on the inside of the nose. For more information many examples, please see the link and the video below

Correcting my nasofrontal angle & reducing size? Nose too big on all angles!

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon