What are safe methods to remove back hair on men while on Oral Isotretinoin?

I am 21 year old male about to start Isotretinoin treatment next week. I will start with a dose of 40 mg daily. I am in the middle of laser hair removal sessions for my back and when I start my Isotretinoin treatment I am supposed to stop any laser hair removal treatments. I have an incredibly hairy back and don't think shaving it will cut it (it grows thick and fast). What other options do I have for removing back hair? Can I wax, or is waxing going to be too harmful on my skin?

Accutane and hair removal

Thank you for your question. A side effect of Accutane is highly sensitive skin and an increase risk of scarring when the skin is traumatized or injured either for medical or cosmetic purposes. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid any injury/trauma to the skin such as tattoos, piercings, or cosmetic procedures (waxing, dermaplaning, dermabrasions, Dermarolling, chemical peels, and laser treatments). To remove hair while on Accutane, I suggest shaving or threading. I generally recommend my patients to wait at least 6 months after stopping Accutane before having any cosmetic procedures done to the skin. I highly recommend you consult with your prescribing physician regarding your questions and concerns. Good luck and take care.