Can gynecomastia grow after removing pressure garment??! Would I need a Benelli Donut Mastopexy?? (photos)

Chest liposuction done to treat gynecomastia( 400 cc of fat aspirated each side). Surgeon said there was no gland during surgery. I'm two months post op and my chest looks horrible. I don't know if this is loose skin or what's going on? What went wrong? I wore the vest for about seven weeks.. Would I need a revision like a Benelli Donut Mastopexy? Would it help me? When I raise both arms nipples look almost flat. With arms down, everything looks bulky and not flat all around like I wanted.HELP?!

About Treating Gynecomastia and the Lasting Effects

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
 Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.
Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Comment on Gynecomastia Result

Your gynecomastia will not regrow after the vest is removed. After examining your photos, you still have some glandular tissue left behind the nipple areolar complex which cannot be removed by liposuction. You may also have some excess skin. I would use a superior crescent periareolar incision to elevate the nipple areolar complex and to remove more glandular tissue behind the areolar which at this point is protruberant. The Benelli donut mastopexy will not work because part of your areolar skin must be attached to the breast skin to preserve circulation when you are removing tissue behind it.

Lu-Jean Feng, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

It is too early to assess the final outcome.  When the vest comes off, there will be some rebound swelling in the chest.  I would wait at least 3-6 months before undergoing another procedure.  The skin may still tigthen.  Swelling will go down.  400 cc is a lot of fat but there was no glandular excision.  I generally remove the gland in every patient becuase I have learned that fat removal alone is almost always not enough to flatten the chest. 

Tim Neavin, MD

Would I need a Benneli Mastopexy?

It is not possible to tell if you have residual "fibrous/glandular" beneath the nipple areas without an actual examination and palpation of the area. It also is too early to determine if an excisional/lifting procedure will ultimately be needed to correct laxity. You may have some increased swelling after stopping the compression garmet. It may help to continue some form of compression such as a tight workout compression tee shirt for more time (like Under Armour brand). At 5 to 6 months after the procedure a final determination could be made as to whether or not you would require a lift to achieve your goals. I encourage you to be patient and keep in contact with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Result from gynecomastia

Can not tell even with photos you need to see in person the breads 
best to seek. More opinions.....