Droopy tip swelling? (Photo)

I feel that my nose after rhinoplasty is not looking it's best. I have had open rhinoplasty and feel that the side profile looks like the hump is still there... Maybe not as big as before but I see a little hump. I feel that the tip wasn't lifted at all and the nose was just de-projected... This is giving me an overall droopy and makes my whole face look upset and downward facing. Do you think this could be swelling making the tip look downward? And perhaps creating the hump too??

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Droopy tip swelling?

NO TIME FRAME POSTED?? Must allow 9 months to 1 year for complete her;ig. Than determine if you have slight hump issues.

Post op rhinoplasty

Thank you for your pictures - the magic question, as always, is just how long ago did you have your surgery.  The reason I ask is simple - the nose can take between 6 months and a year (longer if its a revision) to settle down and give you your final result.  So to answer your question, absolutely.  The swelling over the nasal dorsum as well as what is giving your nose a lack of definition and pushing it down could certainly be swelling.  When in doubt, check in with your PS.  It is always best to have them take a look as they know exactly what was done in the surgery and can give you a better assessment as to what further changes to expect through the healing process.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy tip swelling?

Thanks for your question. It takes our bodies at least 6 months to heal after surgery, nose surgery may take even longer. You could still be very early in the healing period. When patients have questions I always invite them to come to my office so I can fully evaluate the situation. Best of luck to you. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon