Can a BBL be performed without abdomen fat? And how can you avoid abdomen liposuction issues (more details inside)? (photo)

I'm very interested in achieving my dream look via BBL, but I don't want to sacrifice how my stomach looks in order to get a larger butt since I plan on slimming right back down (I gained weight specifically for this surgery), so: 1) Can a BBL be performed by using fat from my arms, back, and thighs? 2) If abdomen fat is crucial, how can a doctor avoid leaving my abdomen looking rippled, lumpy, and/or deformed?

Can a BBL be performed without abdomen fat? And how can you avoid abdomen liposuction issues

,Thank you for your question. For optimal results for the BBL, the areas that should be liposuctioned include the lower back, hips and sometimes the outer thigh. These aeras help to contour and shape the buttock and enhances the results of the fat transfer. The abdomen, inner thighs and arms are other  areas that can be liposuctioned and its a great source for additional fat to to transfer.  Please consult with a Board Certifed Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... Congrats on your figure, Yes a BBL could be done with the fat tissue been harvested from back an other sites. But in your case, some liposuction could be done carefully in your abdomen to get more amount of fat tissue and improve your buttock area. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Its all about expectations

Hi Winter,

Thanks for asking this question.  The answer really depends on you and your surgeon.  If there is a certain area of your body you don't want liposuctioned, then that is your decision.  The question will be, does your surgeon feel comfortable performing this operation with those demands set in place, and do they think they can achieve your expectations. I wouldn't recommend gaining weight for ANY operation, although some surgeons do suggest this to their patients.  I think your pre weight gain photos show that you were very slim and athletic with a low body fat percentage.  Your post weight gain photos still look pretty good.  You really don't appear to have a large supply of abdominal fat to use for BBL.  There might be some in the flanks on the back view.  

If you are looking for a modest increase in size of your buttock, with an emphasis on improving the shape and contouring the waist, then you may be ok.  Based on these photos I don't think you have enough donor fat to achieve a significant increase in the size of your buttock.  Its all about expectations.  

If you did agree to using your stomach for a donor site, and there was enough fat there to make it worthwhile, your surgeon just needs to be conservative.  Aggressive liposuction that is too superficial to the skin, because of a thin layer of fat, is usually what leads to the rippling and lumpy appearance.  This can be controlled by a surgeon with experience, taking their time to do a good job.  

I hope this helps, and good luck moving forward with your surgery.  

Hi, thanks for your photos. There is no need to take fat form your tummy if there are enough fat deposits anywhere else. Fat can be obtained form arms, back, thighs an form around your buttocks.

Abdomen fat is not crucial.

Adolfo Sesto, MD