Back to work after BBL. (photos)

I'm a bartender, I work 7-2am on Fri and Sat evenings/week. So I'm on my feet for about 7hrs each shift. How long do you recommend I wait after surgery to return to work? My "uniform" is such that I CAN definitely hide a compression garment if need be.

BBL recovery

Thank you for your question. The best person to advice you will be your chosen surgeon. Normally after a BBL procedure, patients can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery.

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. Most patients can return back to work within a week. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks after a BBL. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work before 3 weeks and are require to sit for long periods of time, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Returning to Work

Most Brazilian Butt Lift patients return to work the next week. What doctors suggest is being cautious about physical activity and avoiding working out the affected regions for at least two week period of time. Furthermore, extended periods of sitting on the buttock should be avoided. However, recovery details are surgeon specific, always check with your board certified plastic surgeon for your specific recovery.

Back to work after BBL.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I suggest you that if you will go back to work it will be better after two weeks. When you feel better about the pain..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD