Can I schedule a Botox appointment if I had a hepatitis B shot a few days ago? I've had Botox before and had no problem.

I just had a few days ago Hepatitis B shot and i am on doxycycline. It could cause me a problem?

Botox After Hepatitis B Shot

Thank you very much for your question. Your Hepatitis B shot should not cause any issues for your upcoming Botox appointment. However, please advise your Botox provider that you have recently received your Hepatitis B shot and are taking Doxycycline, so that he/she can make the final determination to proceed with treatment. If you have any further concerns, please address these with your provider, as well.

Botox and Hepatitis B

There should be no interaction between your Botox and having the Hep B vaccine.  Please check with your internist as well.  Best, Dr. Green

When to have Botox?

Thanks for this question. It should be safe to have Botox or Dysport after the antibiotics and Hep B vaccine. Always discuss these issues with your actual injector. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Can I Schedule A Botox Appointment If I Had A Hepatitis B Shot A few Days Ago? I've Had Botox Before And Had No Problem.

Thank you for your excellent question.  A recent hepatitis B shot and taking doxycycline are not contraindications to receiving Botox.  You should be just fine to proceed, but please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Hep B, doxycycline and Botox

Having Botox injected while on doxycycline and after a hepatitis B shot will not be a problem. There is no known complication related to these. All the best,

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox & Hepatitis B shots

It is fine to have Botox following your Hepatitis B shot and dose of doxycycline. It will not impact your results and isn't contraindicated. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question.  There should not be any issue with you receiving your Botox after your Hepatitis B vaccination.  Hope this helps.

Botox (like Dysport or Xeomin) is a medication injected into target muscles of the face to selectively relax them for fewer/softer wrinkles. 

Botox can be performed safely while receiving other medical treatments; however, if you are sick, it may be better to wait until you get better. The only antibiotics that interact with Botox are in the aminoglycoside family. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after Hep B shot and on antibiotic

It is quite alright to take Botox after Hep B vaccination. If you are sick, I would delay the Botox until you are better. There should be no interaction with the medication or shot.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox after immunization

Thank you for your question Gyongyver. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Recent immunization is not a contraindication for a Botox treatment. For my patients who are ill and are on antibiotics I recommend that the course is complete and the illness is completely resolved prior to a Botox treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician