I put on my winter hat which is knitted. Will that affect the Botox treatment?

Wearing a hat after BOTOX® is fine, just avoid rubbing or massaging the injected area.

Wearing any type of hat shouldn’t affect your BOTOX® results, provided it’s not putting an excessive amount of pressure on the injection site. For several hours up to a day following your BOTOX® session, avoid rubbing or massaging the targeted area to help maximize your results. Similarly, we recommend that you remain in an upright position for the next couple of hours after your injections. Other than these few guidelines, you can go about your normal routine and activities.

Tampa General Surgeon

Can I Wear A Hat After Having Botox

Thank you for your question. It is no problem to wear a hat after Botox treatment. This does not cause enough pressure to affect the outcome. It is best to avoid massaging, rubbing or lying down for 4 hours after treatment. Also, avoid exercise up to 24 hours. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Can I wear a hat after having Botox?

Dear sly315,

Commonly after Botox we have patients refrain from vigorous activity and sleeping on the face for a period of 4 hours after injections around the eyes.  I am unaware of any adverse event regarding wearing a hat immediately after injections of Botox in the forehead.  I hope this helps :)

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue & Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hats and Botox

If you are having your forehead done, it is important only to avoid putting excessive pressure on the area immediately afterwards.  If your hat is comfortable and fits well, there should be no problem.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

#Botox and Hats

I am not familiar with any reports of a Botox treatment being affected by wearing a hat, knitted or otherwise.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

I think it's pretty unlikely that a knitted winter would affect your Botox. In my office a tip recommend patients avoid vigorous activity or lying down for four hours after Botox injection.

Austin Hayes, MD

Botox and Hats

Thank you for your excellent question. I would actually recommend not wearing a hat as to prevent any pressure on the area. The next day shouldn't have any effect on your treatment. Immediately post treatment, if you would like an alternative, you can wear a hooded jacket! Best of Luck!

Omar Fouda Neel, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Hat after botox

There is no need to worry. Wearing a knitted hat will not affect your botox treatment. I do not recommend massage, but the pressure from a hat is not string enough to affect your outcome.

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hat and Botox

there is no problem wearing a hat after Botox injections. that is not enough pressure to affect the outcome

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Is it ok to wear a winter hat after Botox?

Hello sly315,

Thank you for your question. Our general recommendations are to avoid heavy lifting, strenuous activities, lying on the face (massage, sleeping etc), rubbing or manipulating the area for at least four hours after your injections. It is unlikely putting on your winter hat as described will have an untoward effect on your Botox outcome. Always discuss your concerns with your professional injector. Be well. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician