I put on my winter hat which is knitted. Will that affect the Botox treatment?

#Botox and Hats

I am not familiar with any reports of a Botox treatment being affected by wearing a hat, knitted or otherwise.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

I think it's pretty unlikely that a knitted winter would affect your Botox. In my office a tip recommend patients avoid vigorous activity or lying down for four hours after Botox injection.

Botox and Hats

Thank you for your excellent question. I would actually recommend not wearing a hat as to prevent any pressure on the area. The next day shouldn't have any effect on your treatment. Immediately post treatment, if you would like an alternative, you can wear a hooded jacket! Best of Luck!

Hat after botox

There is no need to worry. Wearing a knitted hat will not affect your botox treatment. I do not recommend massage, but the pressure from a hat is not string enough to affect your outcome.

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Otolaryngologist

Hat and Botox

there is no problem wearing a hat after Botox injections. that is not enough pressure to affect the outcome

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Is it ok to wear a winter hat after Botox?

Hello sly315,

Thank you for your question. Our general recommendations are to avoid heavy lifting, strenuous activities, lying on the face (massage, sleeping etc), rubbing or manipulating the area for at least four hours after your injections. It is unlikely putting on your winter hat as described will have an untoward effect on your Botox outcome. Always discuss your concerns with your professional injector. Be well. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Winter Weather & Botox

As long as the hat isn't in contact with the treated area, you should be fine. If you're concerned, you can wait a few hours before wearing it. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox (like Xeomin or Dysport) is a medication injected into target muscles of the face to selectively relax them for fewer/softer wrinkles.

The usual precautions after a Botox injection include: avoiding strenuous exercise, lying down flat on your face, and massages (again, lying flats on your face) for a few hours. Wearing knit hat is safe. If you have further questions, I recommend seeing your doctor who performed your injection. Safety comes first.  

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hat after Botox can cause Botox to move

I don't recommend using a hat after Botox for about 4 hours. It is possible for the Botox to migrate, possibly downward, and cause a eyebrow ptosis. It probably is a rare complication but I continue to advise all my patients about not wearing hats.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Pull on that hat and stay warm.

That hat will have no bearing on your treatment.  If the hat is in contact with treated skin, I would advise you not to wear the hat for a few hours.  Other than that, that what is not a concern.