Will lip fillers make my chin look smaller? (Photo)

I hate my chin, it's huge and it makes my face look really long. I can't afford to pay cash for surgery and my credit won't get approved for financing. Would adding lip injections make my chin appear smaller?

Rethinking Pouty lIps vs a Smaller Chin

Sometimes when you focus on the one thing you like least,  it can be changed by your image perception of yourself by focusing on something you love most!  Most patients are very excited to have a gentle lip enhancement, whether it is for thin top lips or just the need for a pout!  Most fillers will last  6-12 months in the lips--- an easier solution than a permanent surgical focus !

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Chin reduction, not lip augmentation

Fillers may make your lips more prominent, but it won't help with making your chin look smaller. Chin reduction surgery may be the most effective option based on your photos.

Chin reduction

I don't think that injecting your lips will give you the outcome you are looking for. I would suggest a chin reduction. Consult a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns.

Andrew Elkwood, MD, FACS
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

Chin reduction.

A chin reduction is the only way to fix this problem. Fillers for lips won't help.