Best option for Malar Bags? (photos)

What do you suggest will best improve appearance and minimize the malar bags? Laser? Co2? Surgery? I just had a plastic surgeon say he can't do lower bleph due to malar bags rather than eye bags, and if I had lower bleph, they could look worse? HELP

Best option for Malar Bags

I think a direct excision surgery to remove the malar bags will give you the best option. A facelift nor a eyelid surgery will repair that problem. The trade off is a thin scar but that is easily hidden with make up while the malar bag cannot be hidden with make up

Best option for malar bags

Malar bags, also called festoons, are problematic because they are not helped by traditional facelift and/or eyelid surgery.  While skin resurfacing, with a hundred different types of lasers and/or chemical peels are important parts of treatment, in my opinion, orbicularis muscle plication with lateral canthopexy is crucial to achieving excellent results and avoiding ectropion.  I think you would be best treated by an oculofacial plastic surgeon who can show you photos of other patients he/she has done.  See the directory of asoprs.org for someone near you. 

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Malar Bag Treatment/Laser-Co2?--

A combination approach is best for malar bagsI have found that thermitight and Co2 laser works very well for this.  I suggest only going to an expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.