Can I wash my face after microneedling?

I just had microneedling and my face is very very red now. There were traces of dried blood too and i really want to wash it with Cetaphil. But if i wash, wouldnt i wash away the serum too? It's been 8 hours. Thank you

Washing Your Face After Microneedling

You most certainly can wash your face 8 hours after a microneedling procedure.  I would recommend a gentle cleanser post-procedure.  This will help to remove those traces of dried blood too!  Be sure to use products and serums containing peptides and growth factors.  Best of luck!

Hydrase Soy Facial Cleanser

I would recommend a gentle facial wash. After skin treatments, I would recommend the Hydrase Soy Facial Cleanser to help cleanse the skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Micro-Needling

A gentle cleanser can be used after a micro-needling treatment. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS