Can I wash my face after microneedling?

I just had microneedling and my face is very very red now. There were traces of dried blood too and i really want to wash it with Cetaphil. But if i wash, wouldnt i wash away the serum too? It's been 8 hours. Thank you

Washing Your Face After Microneedling

You most certainly can wash your face 8 hours after a microneedling procedure.  I would recommend a gentle cleanser post-procedure.  This will help to remove those traces of dried blood too!  Be sure to use products and serums containing peptides and growth factors.  Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hydrase Soy Facial Cleanser

I would recommend a gentle facial wash. After skin treatments, I would recommend the Hydrase Soy Facial Cleanser to help cleanse the skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Micro-Needling

A gentle cleanser can be used after a micro-needling treatment. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS