Can my flat, bulbous nose be surgically made to look like Kiko Mizuhara's? (photos)

She has a nose which I aesthetically find very fitting for my face and Asian heritage. Is this possible?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. You touch on an important feature of Rhinoplasty - fitting for your face. It is important to consider the shape and appearance of your nose within the context of your overall facial features, facial shape and ethnic background. Your nose must fit with your overall look, and the nose that fits the look of someone else may not be the right nose for you. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
Through rhinoplasty we make small changes, but that is quite noticeable. 

After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform a Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base, with nasal bones treatment, and alar and triangular nasal cartilages shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Hi Naushin,

Every nose is unique and requires customized surgical intervention. You can get close to the results that you want by creating a higher, thinner bridge and adding more definition to the tip.  The tip usually needs cartilage grafting and thinning of the skin for refinement. Research before and after photos and be sure to find a surgeon who specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty. 

See the Nasal Augmentation in Ethnic Rhinoplasty video below.

Dr. S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Asian rhinoplasty with autologous grafts

While it's not possible to give you exactly the same nose as the picture, it is possible to incorporate the same aesthetic themes to your nose.  It is possible to increase the height, projection and definition of your nose to be similar to the photos you have posted, while still being in harmony with your facial features.

Tissue from your own body (autologous grafts) will give you a safer, more permanent result than synthetic implants. While en bloc cartilage grafts, especially from the rib, can warp over time, there are ways to eliminate this problem.  Especially for dorsal augmentation (building up the bridge) using cartilage that is finely diced and wrapped in fascia taken from your scalp can be made into a custom size and shape for your particular nose (DCF). By dicing the cartilage the problem of warping is eliminated, and since it is tissue from your own body, it quickly becomes incorporated into your nose within 2-3 weeks. Results are certainly surgeon dependent, so it's important to do your research in finding an Asian rhinoplasty specialist. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Bulbous nose

You can certainly have some refinement done to your nose. It would be best for you to have a consult with imaging to see what kind of changes can be made and how they would look on your face. It's a mistake to be to focused on looking the same as someone else.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon