Cheekbone loss and cheeks becoming sunken? (photos)

Dear doctors, I'm age 34, in 2016 I realise I have loss some volume in my cheeks and comparing some of my photos in 2014, my cheekbone has some volume loss. I have did my yearly blood test, hiv test and all other scopes and ultrasounds all seems in good condition except for uric acid on the high side at 580. I was on colchicine and pain killers somehow situation had improved. My question is what's causing my facial volume loss and cheekbone loss. Worrying me.

Getting Those Cheekbones Back

We lose facial volume as we age. There are many options to improve volume and contour using fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill), implants or fat. I recommend seeing an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheekbone loss and cheeks becoming sunken?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are very flat in the front, the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles. These combine to create an elongated, rectangularly shaped face.  It's unlikely that your bone is dissolving but more likely that your face, at age 34, is loosing the baby fat which typically occurs by the late 20's, early 30's.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.