Is face permanently swollen?

Unfortunately, I had multiple cheek implant revision surgeries to correct cheek implants that migrated and then were misplaced. Now I am left with permanent swollen face. Lower face especially. Is there any way to fix this or is this permanent? It has been years. thank you

Persistent Swelling after revision of Cheek Augmentation

Hi Laura,It is unfortunate you continue to experience persistent swelling for all these years. Are you swollen equally on both sides? In addition to a thorough examination have you had any imaging studies performed? Are your implants still in place and what type of implant was used? Have you ever been treated with antibiotics or cultures sent to rule out infection. There can be several reasons for this swelling - from chronic infection to implant related inflammation. With a complete understanding of the time course and treatment you have had a possible solution can be made.

West Palm Beach Physician

Swollen Face: Cheek Augmentation, Multiple Revisions

Sorry for your experience. You'd need to be evaluated in person to determine what is causing the swelling. There may be many solutions for you. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Swollen face years after cheek implant revisions

An examination of your face and answers to some questions would be needed to determine any possible treatment options for the swelling in your face following your cheek implant revision surgeries.  Do you still currently have implants in?  What type of implants were used?  Was there ever an infection present?  The examination would be needed to try and determine the cause of the swelling.  Once the reason for the swelling can be elucidated, it would be possible to see if there are any possible options to help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon