My lips don't close naturally and it looks really awkward. What can I do to correct this? (photo)

Lips not closing

Thank you for your question.  I agree with my colleagues bellow.  You should see your dentist first.   Many injectors will attempt Botox, fillers, but it is best to address the underlying cause.  

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

My lips dont close naturally and it looks really awkward. What can I do to correct this?

Thank you for sharing your question. I would advise you speak to your dentist, and possibly and oral maxillofacial surgeon to discuss your skeletal anatomy as a reason for your lip closure difficulties.  Hope this helps.

Lips don't close at rest

I would first see a dentist. It could be an occlusion problem related to teeth or the jaw. Also chronic mouth breathers need to keep their mouth open. If all evaluations are negative, filling the lips with HA filler will get them closer to touching.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lips not closing can have many causes

There are many potential causes for the lips not meeting when the mouth is closed. Sometimes this is because of dental issues and the teeth need to assessed. The first step is to find a cause and it's worth seeing a dentist to begin with

Taimur Shoaib, MD
Glasgow Plastic Surgeon