What can a revision rhinoplasty do for me?

would adding cartilage and removing all internal sutures placed in my nose and also creating a wider septum can bring me my old shapeless round nose back. i was blind not to see that my old nose was best suited to my face and overall looked more attractive with it. I dont like my new nose.

Revision rhinoplasty

hello! Revision rhinoplasty can often improve on asymmetries or functional issues, but will not restore your nose to its pre-surgical state. If you have changes that you would like to make, it is best to get a copy of your operative report to assist your next surgeon in identifying what has been done and how difficult it would be to change. It is recommended that you wait at least a year from the time of your primary rhinoplasty to allow for adequate healing to determine what is swelling and what is not. And find a rhinoplasty specialist, especially one who performs many revisions. Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing Rhinoplasty

Once you've had a rhinoplasty, your old nose is gone. Even if no cartilage had been removed and your cartilages were merely bent with sutures, after 3-6 months scar tissue will have bound your cartilages into their new shape. The tip can be made fuller by adding cartilage for volume, but it will not be your old nose. Revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than primary rhinoplasty and can lead to unexpected results, so be sure about it before having another surgery.

Minas Constantinides, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon