What are the Pros and Cons of inner thigh lift, combined with inner/outer thigh liposuction? Are the scars worth it? (Photo)

Hello Doctors.I plan on having inner/outer thigh lipo as well as inner knees.I have been to a couple of consults, both have advised on various parts for lipo but both agree to do inner/outer thighs. They said inner thighs might be looser.I would like to know the pros/cons of thigh lift . Is the scar in the groin?Do not like the look of medial lift(the scar!). I may have looser inner thigh skin after lipo as I hold most of my fat there, so am taking precaution. 26 yrs old,126 pounds, 157cmHeight.

Thigh lift judgment

The main cons to a thigh lift are permanent scars,occasional infection, bleeding,seroma or lymphocele problems and residual contour concerns.Having a thigh lift done with aggressive liposuction at the same time has to be done carefully and with some conservatism to avoid healing problems like scar separation or compromise to the skin circulation resulting in necrosis

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

What are the Pros and Cons of inner thigh lift, combined with inner/outer thigh liposuction? Are the scars worth it?

I have performed many medial thigh lifts with only the groin incision.  I would have to examine you to determine what would be best for you.  Find an expert in body contouring in your area to help assess what may be best for you.

Liposuction Verses Medial Thigh Lift

Unfortunately, only small amounts of skin tightening can be anticipated with any type of liposuction. Since your pictures suggest moderately severe medial thigh skin sag, there's a significant chance that you will need a secondary medial thigh lift following liposuction.

This procedure would remove excess skin in multiple dimensions and significantly improve thigh contour. In contrast, liposuction has the potential to actually worsen skin sag.

Medial thigh lift surgery is performed with a groin incision that is extended along the inner aspect of the thigh towards the knee. The procedure significantly improves thigh contour. Unfortunately, the procedure is associated with potentially visible scars along the inner thighs.

Under these circumstances, the decision to have a medial thigh lift involves trade-offs between improved contour and additional scarring. If you're considering this procedure, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Want good liposuction result without inner thigh lift

The inner thigh skin is thin -
Thin skin isn't as strong and doesn't tighten as well as thicker skin
so liposuction here can leave skin loose.

If skin is very loose, yes, an inner thigh lift is worth having.
Your goal should be avoiding the need for one.

Discuss with your preferred surgeon improving the contour without removing so much that you need an inner thigh lift. This can usually be done with good surgical planning. Best wishes.