Is Stem Cell Facelift safe and worth it?

Can you revisit the stem cell facelift? I've noticed all the responses are from around 4 years ago. What have we learned about the safety and effectiveness of this procedure? It seems like more and more doctors are doing it and the results look impressive.

Stem cell , prp and other facelifts, lite lifts , lifestylte lifts and quick lifts

stem cell , prp and other facelifts, lite lifts , lifestylte lifts and quick lifts
I agree that there are no studies that reliably show any benefit at this is good that these areas are being researched and we will have more information each year

at this time , these buzz words are mostly a marketing benefit

Stem cells

There is no evidence currently that shows that stem cell enrichment improves long term results over normal autologous fat transfer. Make sure to consult with a PS who can show you examples of his/her work before deciding on this treatment and I would ask to see a range of surgical results so that you can choose the right operation for you.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Stem cell facelift is a gimmick.

Stem cell facelift is basically in fat injection which carries an aliquot of stem cells with it. The benefit is questionable and the mainstay are injectables that are used in the office.

Stem Cell Facelift Results May Not Be Worth It.

Stem Cell Facelifts are in vogue, but are not as effective as surgical procedures that approach the major components of aging - redraping of skin and supporting structures (facelift, LiteLift, MACS), addition of volume (fillers, fat transfer which by the way contains stem cells) and skin surface (peels and laser resurfacing). My suggestion is to save your money and not do a Stem Cell Facelift - Rather, have a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to select the procedures best suited for you. 

Understanding 'stem cell' face lifts

When fat is removed by liposuction, some stem cells are in the fat.
So a lot of doctors for marketing, call fat injections 'stem cell face lifts.'
Sometimes they add PRP (platelet rich plasma) and claim this is part of the magic.

So stem cell face lifts are a marketing name for facial fat injections.
Results vary with the care and technique of the surgery.

Stem cell facelift

We know nothing more about stems cells and face lifts than we did 4 years ago.  Many surgeons use fat injections along with their facelifts, but to call that a stem cell lift is deceptive and used as a marketing gimmick.  It's also considered unethical.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Stem cell

In my opinion, our national society's opinion and most surgeons' opinion, stem cell facelifts are merely an overzealous marketing claim in an attempt to gain patients. There is no good evidence that they proide any better result or have fewer complications than skillful fat grafting alone, which is essentially what the stemcell facelift is.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Stem Cell Facelift

There is no real data that supports what you are calling a stem cell facelift. It is purely to draw you in to something that sounds new and innovative. Fat transfer has been going on for years. Fat cells do have a high volume of stem cells in them and that could be called a stem cell facelift. There may be some surgeons that spin the fat and take some of the liquid layer out of the test tube and inject that. But, for your purposes here it is a gimic.

Richard J. Brown, MD

There are no approved stem cell facelifts.  It is a term used to describe fat injections to the face.  Fat does not  have the ability to tighten muscle, remove skin, or lift tissue.  This is purely marketing.  Fat can cause lumpiness in the face, so I prefer a mini-incison facelift which will rejuvenate you, tighten your muscle, remove and lift skin!

Stem Cell Facelift?

The term "stem cell facelift" is a marketing term as there is no such procedure recognized by the FDA or the major plastic surgery boards.  

Potential surgery patients are always looking for a non-invasive way to achieve superior results, but this procedure is not a good alternative and the use of "facelift" in combination with anything other than a surgical procedure is misleading.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD