How soon can I do plank exercises and ab work after TT? I'm almost 8 wks post op.

Exercise post tummy tuck

Exercise after tummy tuck

In general we tell our patients that they can resume any exercise 8 weeks after surgery. That, of course, depends on the healing you may have done in those 8 weeks so your own surgeon remains the best person to answer your questions. Best wishes. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

How soon can planks/core exercises be started after TT

Thanks for your question. Core exercises can be started at 3 months post op. I do not recommend abdominal crunches for up to 8 months post op.
Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Exercise after tummy tuck

I do not allow my patients to do anything that would work up a sweat which would include any kind of aerobic exercise or activity for three weeks following surgery. In addition, there is no lifting, pushing, pulling, straining, or twisting for six weeks after surgery. I allow patients to return to aerobic activity after three weeks which would include walking, running, jogging, elliptical, or sitting down bike. However, anything involving any kind of intensive stretching would have to wait until 6 to 12 weeks.I also do not allow patients to exercise abdominal muscles for three months following surgery. All this is intended to minimize any potential complications such as bleeding, fluid collection, or poor wound healing which are easily avoided by following all postoperative instructions. I would consult with your surgeon to make sure you are following all of his/her post-operative instructions. Good luck!

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Exercise After Abdominoplasty

Hello,8 weeks is sufficient time to perform core work after abdominoplasty with rectus muscle plication.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. Most patients are cleared to perform abdominal exercises six weeks following a tummy tuck. It is best to have an in-person examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing. Good luck with your recovery.

Tummy Tuck - length of wait before plank exercises

I like 3 months for direct abdominal exercises.  For indirect exercises I think anywhere after 6-7 weeks is a safe time to start.  Every surgeon has different techniques for internal work so when you visit in followup to your surgeon, he or she can tell you more specific answers.  Best Wishes!! 

Exercising after a TT

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  The TT address the muscle repair.   I would recommend you to wait at least 3 months before doing any ab work.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Excercise after TT.

8 weeks after an abdominoplasty is enough for you to exercise. I would continue to wear the abdominal binder during the active time for another 4 weeks.

When May I Do Ab Workouts after Tummy Tuck? #tummytuckseattle

• You should be just fine, 8 weeks after your tummy tuck, doing abdominal workouts. 
  • Definitely, start off easy, and then progress slowly over the next few weeks.  You don't want to overdo it. 
  • After 4-6 weeks, depending on the patient, we allow our tummy tuck patients to return to normal pre-operative activities.